Anyheew, not important. What is important:
sometimes you write a complaining and ranting post and kind of smack the post button and walk away. I didn't expect to find so much peace and help in comments from such dear, compassionate, and kind friends. Seriously, every single one had good advice, help, salvation! They had me laughing and I even shed a tear or ten. Have my kids magically changed, not really....but thanks to your mercy and medicinal humor I feel so much more centered. Maybe I do want to get out of bed and make crepies for Corbyn because they just make him so happy. Maybe I do want to sit after a diaper change and rub baby tY's belly because of that sweet half-content smile he gives me.....just maybe this crazy idea of me being a mom might work.
9 comments:
Amen! Friends get me through mommy-hood for sure. Also, I never would have thought you had bad mom days. You're so great! I really admire you in oh so many ways. Hang in there--spring is coming!
Good wording! I loved reading the comments too because although I didn't post anything I have had those exact same feelings and days often and it was good to read! Enjoy your crepes!
Heather you are hilarious and so spot-on. I KNOW how you feel almost everyday. Kids are awesome but I want to pull my hair out all the time. Love your blog.
I'm glad that you were so honest and then cool with my comment. I tried to word it in the right way but was afraid that it came out harsh. I love reading your blog and hearing how you are. Enjoy every sec. of mommyhood! {even when you wear the ugly pants}:) I know that you do an awesome job, I've learned so much from you. luv ya!
So occasionally I hop on over to your blog, beacuse I think you're so amazing, and you are SO hilarious and right on target and down to earth. You make me laugh!!! Thanks for the great posts!
I don't know if you remember me, but we had a class together WAAAAY back at BYU-I...Anyhoo, just stopping in to say, "Helloooo!"
Oh, Heather! Loved your last post! As you know from the overwhelming support in the comments, you are not alone! That's what I love about this whole blogging thing. I've found that I'm not the only one in the world facing the struggles of raising small children, being a wife, trying to be the exemplary LDS woman, living as poor students, etc. I definitely know how you feel! Good thing we have those good days to make those bad days bearable!
Wow, March 12 / 13th -ish must have been one bad day for like, nearly everyone. My day that day was right near how yours was. I totally understand. We try and struggle, and sometimes, one day just doesn't happen right at all.
Keep goin' along. You are one awesome gal. Some things about you, I wish I had, or had the courage to do. Keep up the good work. You inspire me to do better myself, and you do a great job, just being you. -Loves!-
-your 'cous
I have honestly never seen you look ugly! I think you're one of the most beautiful women I know. If I could only be more like Heather...! Anyway, I do know how you feel, though. Some days ya just feel like a sewer rat. On those days I try to stand back and see my kids through their grandparents eyes. I then start to understand how cute, adorable, and precious they really are! I love you. I wish Lucy and Corbyn and Dallin and Ty could still play together. Here's missing the Taylor Clan!
(By the way, I'm logged in under Devin)
-Susan
Post a Comment