
So....we are one of those really mean parents that tell our kids that the easter bunny is not real. {No...this is not an invitation for a blood bath of posts as to why you don't and how we are evil and surely going to dwell with the devil himself...ummm....I suppose I don't care}. So, here is our conversation.
Mom: "Corbyn the real reason for easter is (explain the real reason...you know the atonement and resurrection, only the most important thing in the history of the world), the easter bunny is not why we have easter. He is not real, but it sure is fun to pretend he is and get excited for him to come.
Corbyn: the easter bunny isn't real. Okay. {then we discuss all the other things that aren't real: kung fu panda, super powers, etc.}. But mommy, last time you said that Santa wasn't real, he was.
Mom: I know you think he is, and that is fun.
Corbyn: So, maybe you just don't know the easter bunny is real.
So, Saturday morning, he see's the carrot trail leading out of his bed and follows the trail all the way into papa's office to see a delectable basket of wonderfulness. And he exclaims: SEE MOM, I told you the easter bunny is reaaaal. I love it! We don't have to spend all our conversations making up where the easter bunny lives and how he transports himself to all the houses, we don't have to lie, we can focus on the real reason for the holidays, and boom....my kid still gets the joy of believing in something magical and fun! BOO--YA!

4 comments:
I am so glad I'm not the only one who does this... Bryant even still doesn't believe me about Santa. We haven't ever really talked about the Easter Bunny, but we HAVE talked about the real reason for the holiday... I still think they think its all about candy, though. :) Corbyn is SO cute! "You were wrong about Santa, mom!" HILARIOUS!
I am so jealous that you get to spend all the holidays with the parentals. That is a good idea about the bunny trail. I will have to do that one. Last year we tried to have Lincoln find his...then we told him where it was. I love your blogs.
Such a good idea!! That cracks me up with the carrot trail! I am stealing this, by the way!
Trina (Travis's cousin.. Cindy's daughter..)
i am curious why you go to the trouble of making a trail & filling baskets if you do not want you're kids to believe in the easter bunny. isn't that confusing?
Post a Comment