tHank goodnEss for sundays. I really don't know what I would do without Sunday's. More sleep, more peace, more forgiveness, more uninteruppted family time, no rushing around time {well...except the five minutes before church}, and yummy giggling dinner time. It is interesting to look at how hard moving is but there are a few things I have noticed about it.
A. It sucks....the big one
B. God usually has you move somewhere's crazy that is very out of your comfort zone which = anxiety, stress, fear, no sleeping at night, lots of getting lost, and a strict reliance on google maps, having to figure out who is nice and who is not in the ward, and having to put yourself out there AGAIN to try and make some good quality uplifting friends.
C. Your kids will show you they hate moving too. Whether it be the wild quite terrifying and oh so very frustrating tantrums, the non sleeping as well, or the new need to be held all day. And you will all be terrified together as you try desperately to find the new doctor you are supposed to go to and hope they aren't the ones that played video games during lecture time while they were in med school.
D. I am sure there are more bad...but let's switch over to the good shall we. There is a lot of family time. You cling to each other, you rely emotionally so much on each other, you realize what a fabulous man you have when he wipes your boogers off his shirt after a good cry.
E. Little things just mean more. If he hangs up your picture frame or listens to you overanalyze your decor ideas until even you are tired of talking....you just fall in love with him again and again. Then when you see him sweating outside in that humidity mowing the lawn for you because the mosquito's bite you too much....ohh...what sweet feelings warm your heart as you watch those blood sucking monsters swarm all around his head. Mosquito's are the deveeel.
F. And one really good thing is when you pray at night and tell Heavenly Father how hard it is and how much you wish you wanted to take care of your kids the next day he offers you help in the form of a sweet messy haired snuggle
or in a silly giggle about how weird Corbyn thinks his oatmeal looks or how much Ty dances around in excitement when he see's you pull the vitamin bottle out. The goodness always comes, it might only be for a Sunday but it came. Will someone remind me of this Sunday please when Corbyn does his next nasty tantrum and Ty poops out his shorts in his bed and thinks it's a toy. Thank goodness for Sundays. For all of you moving, we will pray for God to send his goodness your way sooner rather than later.

6 comments:
I must second your thought! Thank heavens for recharging Sundays. Thank heavens for cute husbands who still kiss us after a long cry with all of the fixings! And as for moves...I'll be joining you in that joy once again in 2 months. What a blessing that Sundays always come:)
Oh Heather! I love you! You are so sweet and so funny! Amen to the hope that your doc isn't one who played video games during lecture time... Sundays are good (sometimes I need a reminder- because they can be SO hard too!)
You always have the best posts! I love the messy-haired snuggles...when porter wakes, I think I'll make him snuggle for a bit ;)
OH, Heather! You always know you to say it, ya know?! I loved the updates. I can totally relate, and I'm so glad other people like you feel free to vent the not-so-perfect moments in raising children (which is a good part of the time) You're right--it's more human that way and it makes you feel like you're not the only one STRUGGLING with little children. I hear ya. I can relate with the 24-hour road trips, the negative effects/instability of moving on young kids, and reaching out AGAIN to another ward to make friendships. OH, I hear ya. It's tough. But the stress, unfamiliarity, etc... will wear off, and I'll bet it'll seem like home before you know it. (At least it always seems to work that way for me in places I think will never happen!) Just give it time. Glad to know you've made it safely there!
Sundays are SOOOO good. I think last Sunday saved me from TRULY losing my marbles. Our move hasn't been as far as in the past, but we still don't know people in the ward, are in the middle of chaos, and have weird beetles that decided we would be great roommates. But there are blessings too. Similar to those you mentioned. Hope you're settling in well and find great friends soon!
I have said it once and I will say it again, "I hate moving like I hate Satan."
True story.
Post a Comment