The baby did so well, I guess we need to give him a new name soon seeing as that name will be taken over by the actual "baby." When he got tired he would head over for a snuggle and then go play some more. As always, the child has no fear of the water. He just jumps on slides and rides down. We sent him down a much bigger slide by himself with Travis waiting at the bottom. Halfway down the slide he laid down. . . then a tight corner turned his body around and he was going down head first on his back. I jumped on the slide expecting to find a terrified baby at the bottom. Not so much. He said, "more please."
Waiting for the shuttle or "school bus" as Ty named it. It was such a funny picture to watch Corbyn and Ty climb right on, find a seat, and just hang out during our ride to the different parks. Aren't kids so ammenable. I suppose they have so little choice in the daily events and they just learn to come along . . . quite contently. . .for whatever adventure awaits.
And, apparently Corbyn needed a good water session to overcome his paralyzing fear of water. At his swim lessons last summer I never felt like I had to watch him because I knew he would be hard pressed to loosen his white knuckle grip on the side of the pool.
All that changed here.
He decided to go down big slides alone. For the first one he instructed me to wait at the bottom and he would go up by himself. So I trotted over to the opening at the bottom and waited, and waited, and waited some more. Then I started to worry. Did he get lost? Did he slip and fall somewhere? Is he crying at the top of slide? I waited a few more minutes and there he came ripping down the slide grinning...without his life jacket.
"Where's your life jacket?"
"They made me take it off"
"Why?"
"I dunno"
"Were you worried at the top"
"No mom, I was just waiting in line"
Seriously, he looked at me with that look that says, "geez mom, why are making such a fuss over this." Well I am sorry son, last I checked you couldn't get your face wet in a 6 inch bath tub so this is a big step for you. Perhaps at swim lessons this year he will graduate from the guppy class.





5 comments:
So glad you guys had a GREAT time!! Love the pictures
You look soooo good! what a blast you guys had! Makes me miss you just that much more... I could use a waterslide about now... love you!
SUper cute!
That looks like an absolute blast! And, I'm having a RIDICULOUSLY hard time even spotting a pregnant belly on you...and no worries about calling Ty "the baby"...we still call our two year old "Carter Baby"...he's just the bigger baby I guess...
Looks fun! Your kids are brave, I don't know if my girls would do those big slides! Is this a place like Grand wolf lodge? Glad you got a fun getaway with your fam.
Post a Comment