Our thankful beginnings
Some growth in Gratitude
Our thankful tree in full bloom
A few things learned:
Nothing feels better than to have people be grateful for you. When someone writes your name on a leaf and sticks it up there without you knowing it and you happen to see it in passing....it warms your heart. I imagine that is how Heavenly Father feels when we express our gratitude. And I learned that so much of what I was grateful for were people's kind interactions with me. One day someone checked us out at Woodman's and was so kind to me and to Ty and even looked in the baby carrier to comment on Jay-small yes. Meaningful-yes. A nice woman at Bath and Body Works gift wrapped my items-so kind and so appreciated. Those small things made a big impact on my day.
Also, when you are looking for things....you find them. Things that you see everyday are so common place but when you really stop and look your baby in the eyes you can't help but feel full and content with your life's blessings. When you two year old spills a big container of yogurt on his feet and then splashes in it....you can't help but laugh. Gratitude gives a capability, a sense of self, a prominent peace.
It was a great way to welcome Thanksgiving.
We invited our neighbor's over to make thankful turkeys. This is how it went:
"Hey there, do you want to come over Monday night? Every Monday we have a family night and have a lesson or activity. This Monday we are making thankful turkey's."
"You want us to come over and make thankful turkey's with you? How does one make a thankful turkey"
"Well, when you say it that way we sound really weird. But yes, I want you to come over and make thankful turkey's. I'll make you dinner. . ."
Ha! I roped them in with the dinner.




3 comments:
Well said! The little things do matter. I'm glad I was looking for those little things each day and hope I can work at noticing them more often. Love your tree, what a cute idea, we'll have to remember that for next November. Hope your family had a wonderful thanksgiving together!
Thankful turkeys are genius! I totally agree that you can find things to be thankful for if you're really looking. What a lovely post.
What a great missionary you are! And what a great idea using pumpkins to make thankful turkeys. I am totally stealing your idea for future use! Those turkeys turned out darling- and I'm sure your dinner was a hit too!
Post a Comment