Story - 0 - Japan - Relief
You learn a lot about yourself and your family when you venture off on said endeavor. I re-learned a lesson I already knew. I like to stress eat. I have in many instances chosen to not stress eat for a time to lose weight....but I so enjoy a good stress eating session. My personal favorite this time was the old semi-sweet chocolate chips someone gave me. I rationalized that it was not a treat because they did not taste that good.
That makes perfect sense.
Corbyn asked me the other day:
"Mom, how do you know if something is unhealthy for you?"
I responded:
"If it taste's really good."
A perfectly scientific and accurate answer.
. . . back on track.
What I learned in a nut shell:
I learved that SeRVinG feels incredible. I learned that I need to serve more. I learned that I have a lot of dear friends here and I cannot let my moments with them pass me by as if we will always have each other. I learned that I love Corbyn, especially when we are goal bound and duty driven-walking hand in hand down our horseshoe street delivering fliers. I learned that I love people who have a passion for life. I learned that I need to support other fundraising events. I learned that I need to volunteer my services as often as possible. I learned that I can only write thank you cards when I am in the mood-otherwise they leave you feeling "eh" after you read them. I learned that there are a million and ONE ways to do a fundraising event, but you only get to choose one way. I learned that being in charge is hard and sometimes not at all fun. I learned that putting yourself out there to flop teaches faith and courage. I learned that the Lord is no wish granter. I learned that serving is not natural for everyone. . . it is something we learn. I learned it from my beautiful mother and my ever serving Papa. Bless them.
For all of you who said to me "next time we do this . . . " know this.
I have privately and severely cursed your name.
Not really.
But I did laugh out loud.
Cause next time we do this you're in charge. SUrprIse. Our final number is still being tallied and the good ole green is still coming in but our earnings are somewhere's around
$3,700 ish
We did it. We didn't flop. We learned a lot. Go Japan Relief!
10 comments:
Have you really been cursing my name? Thank you for being the woman in charge of this amazing event. Thank you for being patient and organized. I would not hesitate to do this again - I will be in charge next time - I promise!
wow that is an amazing amount of money for such an amazing cause. Way to go for serving others and for setting such a wonderful example to me.
Wow...good work. I'm sure that was TONS of work but so fulfilling. You are truly amazing, Heather girl :)
Way to go Taylors and fans.
That's quite an undertaking! I'm glad it was so successful, it's definitely a worthy cause.
Way to go! You are awesome! It sounds like all that hard work turned into a HUGE success.
That is incredibly cool. Thanks for sharing your experience and what you learned. I need a good personal lesson in those things too.
I am in complete awe. You guys are incredible. I am so glad that all you sacrificed brought such success. And thank you for sharing some of the things you learned. You're inspiring!
I've kept meaning to comment with all of your posts but the computer kept getting turned off at the end of the day and then I would forget, but I just wanted to say that your experience has been very touching and inspiring. I'm so glad that you shared so much of it with us. I hope to be able to teach my children the value and gift of serving others as you have been able to do. I'm so glad that you had such a good experience, despite all of the challenges involved. Thanks so much for sharing so much of it with us!
AWESOME!!! Fantastic job!
Post a Comment