-->

Part 3...fine I'll stop now

"Corbyn, I don't think we are going to have a party this year. How about a family party."
"Why?"
"This is a lot to do every year, it's expensive, you've had one every year...dada logilaga blabidty blah.
Um. We did a party anyway. Can't really say what changed my mind. Corbyn never even asked. Can I just say it was the best party I have ever thrown. For his past parties we have games, crafts, gathering activities, homemade goody bags. . . for this one we made a cake, we made invitations, um....that's about it. The kids played Lego's the ENTIRE time and I can't say they missed any of the games or activities. Who knew a kid party could be so effortless and they would still have fun? Who knew they never needed the crafts and activities? Kid's are so terribly easy to please.

Alrighty here is the cake. Once again Corbyn designed it. I looked at his original design and said, "Ummm, I'm not a Kelsey or a Wendi, there's no way. That's too hard. Let's find something more my level." We settled on this and I can't believe it didn't bomb. Mostly because Wendi gave me all her extra fondant. I love you Wendi!

Corbyn called all his friends over at the beginning of the party and said, "Do you want to see the coolest cake ever." I can't tell a lie...I was feeling a little gloatish. He also said, "Mom, you always say you can't make good cakes but this one is pretty good." He's laying it on thick in preparation for next year's design I think.



All of the party goer's!
Austin's invite was rather humorous. It was June 19th, Corbs real birthday and we were driving home from dropping off Elena's invite when Corbyn thought he spotted a school friend on the side of the road. He started yelling for me to pull over. I thought, no....that's creepy. They will think I am a creepy kidnapper or something. He was insistent and it waaas his birthday so I resigned my logic and flipped the car around.
Corbyn hopped out of the car and ran right into their garage where the whole family was. The Dad jumped around all freaked out and looked at me-at Corbyn-at me again. I got out explained and handed them an invite. When they dropped him off I told them how grateful I was that they didn't think we were super creepy. Maybe they did.....who know's. Or maybe Austin just really wanted some cake.

3 comments:

Butler Family said...

looks like a really fun birthday. And oh my gosh that cake is AMAZING!! GREAT JOB

Kim-the-girl said...

Kids are easy to please... but you are super amazing too. Corbyn is one lucky kid.

We do birthday parties every other year. And I usually get two kids for the price of one! Gotta love close birthdays!

Wendi said...

Seriously LOVE the cake! It turned out fabulous! You know how to throw a birthday party... give 'em some Legos to build with, give 'em some cake. What could be better?