Aren't blogs a splendid way to connect with intelligent, capable, funny, and inspired women?
It's all in the network right? Network, Network, Network.
Well you are my network of women. Even those of you who don't comment.....eh hem.
I have come up with a plan. While it is most likely faulty and will require several drafts Corbyn WILL resume cooking privileges. Kim, you nailed it on the head. When he began thriving on independence he was taking it a few steps too far (refer to your kitchen fire incident). He thinks that if he can cook eggs he can cook anything. He is correct to some extent but prudence counts. I'm sure my rental lease would agree with me here.
Honestly, I went out of town for five days and am feeling quite refreshed and ready to jump back into my swirling whirlpool of activity. My mother in law thrived and did everything else delightful while I was away. The Lord knew I needed her in my life so he had Grandma Ann birth her, she in turn grew and birthed my dear husband whom I fell madly in love with and whuala. That's a lot of work for a lot of people to get a rockin mother in law so I suppose I owe them all a thank you.
She cleaned my house.
If you know no other astounding detail of her child/house/laundry/neatly folded onesies/church all alone/snow shoveling 5 days know this: she cleans people. Not just cleans. . . but cleeans. With 2 ee's.
I love her.
New rules instated for Corbyn:
You aren't allowed to carry things from counter to table until your feet shrink and the rest of you body can control it's motions in confined area's. Ok fine. I left off the last part, but the first part is very real. I am the official carrier. That eliminates 80% of our spills.
If we are cooking we can't be rushed. Some days I am trying to throw it together in a hurry and it makes for mayhem. If we have enough time to clean up 2 spills then you may enter my domain of the culinary.
Well cooked eggs does not equal kitchen freedom. You are a guest and need permission to use fire and flammable gas. Now that just sounds logical doesn't it. He looks at me with that annoyance. . . "really mom, I have to ask you before I turn the stove on?" Darn straight puppy.
Ahhh, breathe the fresh air of new ideas and wonderful comments which inspired. I love you. Thank you. I know I am weird and even have mean streaks but please continue to be my friend. Even mean people need friends.
PS. We are buying the optometry practice we looked at. Shhhhhhh. And yes, traveling to look at it, meeting the doc, checking out our new town of residence was exactly like a second honey moon. Door's open when you need them to. They opened wide for us.
pps. don't read my blog for awhile. I will be catching up and you will be gagging. I would hate for you to loose your breakfast due to overexposure.
11 comments:
You can't leave us hangIng, where are you buying?
Seriously, I have to agree with Megan!!!! Dying to know... and excited for updates!!!
That is awesome about the clinic! So excited for you guys!!
There is so much exciting stuff going on for you guys! WHERE ARE YOU MOVING?? Please say closer to me :)
My kids are always dying to help in the kitchen. It does take a lot more patience to put up with the added mess and all the little hands :)
I can't wait to hear where you guys are going! That's so exciting!
can't wait to hear where you guys are going!! That is so exciting. The Lord really is amazing:)
I'm so excited doors are opening for you! God is good =). I'm excited to learn where you are headed.
And I also wanted to say that I finally had a breakthrough day today. My sons (6, 4, & 2 year old) cleaned up after dinner. I'm talkin' one cleared the table, one rinsed, and one loaded. It was amazing and I sighed a "this is just the beginning of my life getting easier"...yours is coming...soon you will not only have another cook, but 3 kitchen helpers =)
That's awesome! You're now the 3rd of couples I know that bought their own practice (dentistry, orthodontics and now optometry!) They love it and you'll be great at making it "yours"
Awesome news about the practice!! Where are you guys heading?? And also, you are a much better mom than me, I refuse to let the kids help in the kitchen unless we are making pizza!!
That is so incredibly exciting that YOU ARE BUYING A PRACTICE! I'm so happy that your trip went well. Not so happy for us who must bid farewell to the Taylors, and their total awesomeness in a few months.
On kids and cooking: I told Elena she was in charge of cooking us all quesadillas for dinner one night (she was successful), but usually, I don't let my kids help with the cooking much.
I'm so glad that you had such a great trip--can't wait to hear where!--and that you were able to come home to your beautiful family so refreshed. I'm in need of a break like that! We've going week 2 of sick kids here--can't wait 'till we're all over it. Congrats on that practice--we are so happy (SO HAPPY!!!) for you!
Post a Comment