-->
Jay's Happy Birthday!
My dad got him a sleeping bag.  That alone kept us pretty occupied for hours.
 Ty's practicing his multi-tasking skills
 His boogie man skills
 And apparently his ability to be a chair skill


 For Jay's birthday we head on over to Silver Falls to camp.
The boys and I went early in the day to check in and get set up.  As far as I can tell I was not mentally well to think that would prove to be a good idea. 
As Corbyn and I were setting up the tent Ty had to go potty.  Okay, I could see the bathroom from where I stood so I told him to go directly there and come back.  K mom.  He was off.  While he was off I was feeding a pole through to Corbyn and little did I know, Jay was walking with that same pole in the opposite direction.  Snap.  Dang it.  Not a side pole or rain fly pole.  THE pole.  Plan  B.  Feed it through anyway and hope against hope you can hold it together enough to support the main body of the tent.  Corbyn was standing holding the 2 sides up while we carefully fed the main pole through, I had buckled Jay in a stroller for safe keeping, and hmmmm....it's been 5 minutes....where is Ty?  We get the pole thread through and I am trying to shove it in the bottom plastic holder when the ranger walks up with Ty.  "Does he belong to you?"  "I suppose"  "I found him calling out Mom and wandering the campground."  Yay for me I feel like the worst mom in the whole wide world.  Just to be sure I understood the gravity of the situation she stood there....waiting for explanation.  It was quite high on the awkward scale.  I can't say I'd give it a 10 out of 10 but it came quite close. Thank you ranger.  You take your job very seriously for which I am sure many people are quite grateful.  As for me in this particular instance....I would crawl under this tent and die IF I COULD GET IT SET UP!  
Ty: "Hey mom can I go ride my bike?"  
Funny Ty.
real funny.
Did that dang tent get set up?  Sure did.
Did we get our firewood and beds made up.  Booya! 
What to do now, 2 hours before Dad gets here?
Playground, play in bathrooms, check.
How about a short leisurely hike?


 Our short walk turned into a few miles and few hours.....
The sticks, streams, rocks, and beauty kept us company.
Little boy heaven
which makes for one happy Mama.
And, Corbyn was just happy someone carved "Poo" in the resting area.  Every artist has an audience.



 If your a mother you understand this picture.  




Did you know Pinata's are the bee's knees for a 7,4, and 2 year old?  Neither did I.  They were more excited about that darn $7 pinata than about camping.
 Oh!  Don't they look thrilled.
 And this because babies are about the sweetest things especially in the tubby.
And this because I am still five and find it quite humorous that Travis wont find this published picture of his behind for a few months at least.

No comments: