Timeout! Do you see that look on Corbyn's face, I cannot count on two hands how many pictures Travis takes of me where I look just like that! That's just creepy.
Why do I love this picture so much? I can't say really, it is just so my kids to look like this. The monkey with the "uhhhh" and Corbyn with the "duhhhh"
Sweet swine flu tiger. This year Corbyn and Travis were sick and Ty and I weren't allowed to leave the house until we had passed our three day mark to see if we were going to join the swiney ranks. So trick or treating had to be moved in doors. We hid candy behind every door and they knocked and yelled TRICK OR TREAT and ripped the door open and we had to pull the tiger off the candy to let the monkey get some. Pretty entertaining actually. Their favorite was the candy in the dryer, although I am slightly concerned that I will find some non-dryable items in there at some point.
All fun comes with a price I suppose.
I can't seee you but cheeeese anyways.
Let me tell you a story about Corbyn's ridiculously tight and tiny costume. Deciding a halloween costume is a month long endeavor. After many deliberating mind changes and car ride discussions about his halloween costume Corbyn decided it was PLANET or bust. Travis and I make him a planet costume out of two big circle posterboards and tons of fabric, glue, glitter, and a few glue gun burns {sorry dear}....the next morning right when he wakes up I tell Corbyn to "come with me, Jupiter is in our craft room." He see's it and says, "oh." I was such a sweet/sad/telling moment. He hated it, he wasn't about to say it because he knew what I would do {anger}. LAter on, during Ty's nap we needed to make straps for it so it would hang on his body. I slipped it over his head to test his straps out and something inside me said, "look at his poor face." It was the face all kids wear at some point when their mom dressed them up to look like a fruit cake....the face of uggggghh, I wish I weren't me right now. How sad is that? Okay, plan B. Last minute costume. In our garage costume box was mr. tiger from last year. He put it on and the light came back into his eyes. He ran around the house growling and "clawing" everyone. I couldn't believe he could be so happy and look so silly (high waters, he has grown A LOT since last year, and it barely zipped over his bulging belly). I am sure people at the trunk or treat were wondering what was going on. But who cares! And no we didnt' take him to the trunk or treat sick....that is where he GOT sick:).

8 comments:
That is so cute! you guys are so creative. It is so funny how they can't make their minds up about their costumes... I want to see pics of the planet. I hope you guys get better soon!
I totally had to laugh about the costume fiasco. That is great but you are SUCH a great mommy to recognize his face and make him happy. Sorry you guys got hit with the flu. That's miserable!
We had several different costumes at our house this Halloween. It was so fun for them to be something different every time we went out. How clever are you to make it super fun stuck inside! You and your sweet hubs are pure genius!
aww, I love the costumes and the impromptu "Trick or Treating". You're so creative to think of that for them. Sorry to hear that they were sick, hope everyone is recovering quick!
What awesome parents! I don't know if I would have switched his costume or did indoor trick or treating! That is amazing! Get well soon!
You guys are so creative! I don't think I would have thought of trick-or-treating in the house if half my family had the swine flu! Hope u all get better soon!
Corbyn looks so miserable-poor kid. I'm glad you were still able to do some fun Halloween stuff. Sorry the planet didn't turn out, but at least you realized it and didn't traumatize the poor guy. :)
That's such a funny story, what good parents he has.
Post a Comment