I used old sweaters and scraps of fabric and Travis saved his navy buttons from an old Navy coat he had to "re-button" so those were the eyes. All I had to buy was batting for $3...not a bad deal. If want to try out some of these sweet hoo's go to moonstitches.typepad.com and scroll down just a smidge, her tut"owl"rial is on the right hand side.
These are some "fairy" lights we also used at our activity. You just cut up an egg carton and poke a hole in the bottom. You punch holes in it to make a design with your "brad punch" from your card making supplies. Super easy and a fun way to dress up a strand of lights. I think I am going to paint them red for Christmas. Once again, I made extra for some fall decorations. I guess I was really in the mood to get some decor for the seasons and holidays. We don't really have any aside from a few things my sweet mother in law gave me. It is time to be a big person and decorate!




4 comments:
oh, look at miss crafty pants. Can you come share the love at my house! It needs some. Super cute. I might just try the lights.
oooh, I love these! I may have to steal your idea--and your husband can think I'm creepy as well. You are just too darn cute, miss.
Oh my goodness!! Those owls are so CUTE!!
LOVED the owls, crafty Heather. Cute pattern, I'll talk to you later about the pattern. Loved seeing your sweeet boys chasing the birds oh and Travis too! Amazing pictures of the gulls. Love you guys. Nana
I like the seagulls the best : ) Papa
Post a Comment