This has been our ongoing conversation for months. Corbyn knows Santa is not real {long story} so he doesn't write letters to him he writes them to us. We have been pestering him trying to figure out his next phase of likes to ensure our Christmas present was on cue. Each time he says, I just want Candy land. Surely he must be mistaken. Does he not remember what exhists by way of excitement in the isles of Walmart. So I took him there and we wandered the isles and still: I want candy land. So I snuck it in the cart, he found it, I played dumb and I think he bought it....maybe:). How could I not buy it, it was on sale for $5! We're talking $5 to make his most fantastical Christmas wish come true. Check!
The funny part of the story comes when Travis takes the boys to go see Santa, I wasn't there but I guess Corbyn was a little timid and somewhat weirded out by the idea of sitting on this man's lap who is pretending to be Santa. We encourage him to believe in the spirit of giving that Santa represents and we still talk about his reindeer and listen for his bells sometimes and ALL his friends believe so I thought he would be game to hop up and give the list. Once again, what do you want for Christmas? CANDY LAND. So funny. Then santa gave him a wrapped up movie {that we had brought} and Corbyn was as confused as ever. I finally give into your santa act and you don't even give me candy land. Oh man has this santa thing caused confusion. Dang SANTA!
2 comments:
What a funny story!!! Love it! We've had the conversation with Bryant about him not being a real person, but the spirit of giving that he represents is real... well, he won't believe us. Too funny.
too funny
Post a Comment