-->

His first Family Home Evening Lesson

Why have I never had Corbyn be in charge of family night? I think I just forgot that he is old enough now to be participating in the preparations for family night. How lame is that excuse...I forgot.
Whelp I told him that he was going to give the lesson and he sat there for a minute and said, I think we should give it on temples. Wow. Okay. We talked all about temples and he found great joy in quizzing daddy all about temples. He even gave him the "come on you know this answer look" when Travis said, "ummm...I think the color you wear in the temple is blue." He held the look as Travis rambled off every color including rainbow which is a color in our house. He waited patiently and then said, "Daddy, remember we wear white in the temple." That right there is why they need to give the lesson....role reversal is very entertaining.

And for our activity afterwards we built temples out of toothpicks and marshmellows.
Some of our steeples won the "wow that is really super tall contest"

Some of our temples won the "wow, I am really shocked how great that looks" contest.

Some of our temples got monkeyed.

And our last temple was quite sad, but it won the "at least your angel on top was cool" contest.

Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Butler Family said...

Awesome!! What a fun idea to have them teach the lesson and what a cute little activity to do afterwards!!

Kim-the-girl said...

I can just picture the look... and I LOVE that rainbow is a color at your house! You guys rock!

Megan said...

Great idea we'll be doing that monday! Awesome idea. Corby really is that old isn't he!

Wendi said...

That made me laugh! So cute!!

Carrie said...

Rainbow is a color at our house, too! That sounds like such a fun lesson - he did a good job!

The Evans said...

Yeah it is hard to remember things like that..... but then they totally suprise you with their skills. Tell travis his temple looks special! lol

Brianne Pitts-Wells said...

Cute idea. I think I will steal it!

Luke and Lora Gamble said...

That looks like it was so fun! I can't wait until Dallin is old enough to give the lesson.

Megan Lofgran said...

You guys! Such a fun family. I liked what you had to say about leaving comments, from Kim. I guess that brings an end to my blog stalking days!

Unknown said...

how fun! you're always so creative and fun with the kids. btw, the beads thing... think I got it under control, I just need to think about how I can put it on ribbon, I want to thread them into ribbon and tie knots to keep the beads in place but not sure how to get a thick ribbon through a smaller hole, have you ever made a necklace like that? p.s. thanks for writing me back on it :)

tess said...

Good job Corby for your lesson on temples. We call the Provo temple GRANDMA'S TEMPLE because we pass it when we go to Grandma Clegg's house.

Allison said...

What a cute idea to make temples out of marshmallows. We'll have to try that.

Kelsey Booth said...

This made me realize maybe I should start giving the lessons, and then phase Ali into it :) Thanks for sharing!