-->

When a Monkey has a Birfday

Any birthday that starts out with batter licking is a good one.

Monkey Cake....kind of.

Mid-birfday extravaganza's. Notice Ty's position on top of the throne, that also means it's going to be a good day.

And this random birfday picture. I love it when Ty make's this face. The only face that rivals it is when he see's and orange. He doesn't even have to taste it, he just has to make eye contact and his face get's all scrunched up and he does a full body jiggle just thinking about how sour it would taste.

A. When did my sweet tiny baby get to be all big and 2?
B. This means we are off the mormon calendar for reproduction because I am not pregnant.
C. This means that we will be potty training and moving him to a big boy bed in the next while....weird.
D. I can't even remember what our family was like without him. He brought us more giggles, more thankfulness, more calm, more flexibility, and more hope that if 2 is this fun then what would 3 be like.
E. Birfday's are the best, especially baby birfday's. They love everything-the birfday crown, the pictures their brother colored and wrapped up for them, their brand new sock monkey, the camera coming out, the additional focus and attention, the singing of happy birthday, actually knowing how to blow out their candle and finding great pride in their new skill, shouting happy birthday during every car ride, and even a sweet package in the mail just for the baby. HAPPY birthday baby.Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Butler Family said...

Happy Birthday Ty. Hope you had a great day. You are growing up so fast Buddy.

Cam said...

I was looking at this post and thinking, "wow, I can't believe Ty is already one."
Then I got to the end and went, "Holy cow, he's two!"
Seriously, where does the time go? And what is wrong with my concept of time? It's obviously WAY off!
Anyways, hope the day was great and you're all doing well!

Brianne Pitts-Wells said...

I love how much zest you have for all things. Birthdays are great, but your posts are all REAL and exciting and they make me want to be a better mommy and just enjoy life. Thanks Heather.