-->
So I was looking through our sledding pictures which was a nice reprieve and noticed that my husband named the folder slidding. Did you know Travis makes up many words? It is actually the glue that holds the humor portion of our marriage together. The other day we were driving home from our date and we saw a humongous building. We looked at the sign and said, "what's that?" It said, Tequoia or Teliaqua or something....not important. The important part is Travis thought it said Taquito. He went on and on about how they didn't need so many cubicles to manufacture taquito's. Then I jumped into my Travis mind set and told a joke he would tell about taquito's coming in such large unhealthy quantities and how that must be related to the number of cubicles (I promise it was fairly funny then). He laughed and laughed and couldn't stop laughing and almost drove through the "coin drop" instead of the I Pass on the freeway. Which by the way everytime we drive through he has a comment for the "money stealer." Usually, "crook" "sure take all my money" "I already paid for the road to be built you thieves." I think what I was getting at is Travis is funny, whether on accident or on purpose the man is a walking humor box.The sweetness of sledding
Di bebe catching his free ride up the hill. Unfortunately it was a steep hill so he had to do a "cruch and hold" sit up the entire ride. He would get to the top and relax his abdominal muscles and give a big deep breath of relief.

Corbyn going down the hill backwards. Try as we did, each run he would spin around and have a look of terror going down and then hop out and run up the hill to do it again. Strange. My favorite was Corbyn's terror of the jumps. He really really didn't want to mis-aim and hit them. BUT he wanted to go down them with Travis, and that they did. They went about a 1/2 inch off the ground and Travis yelled in pain and then exclaimed, "did you see our air?" Yup we sure saw it. Bunch a thrill seekers.
hmmmm, who's having more fun?
This day brought back many memories of sledding with my slightly crazed younger brother. He would run full speed for about 30 feet, fly through the air, land cruely on his tube and the top of the hill and begin his descent flying down the hill usually towards a jump which would send him once again....hurtling through the air. He would drop the tube mid-air, land on his feet, and run down the rest of the hill. I used to take him with me and my friends just so they could see how completely insane (and skilled) he was.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

I love it when I come to blogs and just smile the whole time I'm there. Thanks for the smiles! Makes me excited for our spring break trip to UT where we plan to go sledding for FHE!!! Can hardly wait!

Carrie said...

Don't worry, I think you're both hilarious. I'm glad you had so much fun slidding!

Butler Family said...

That looks like so much fun!! What great pictures:)

The Evans said...

A kid at heart is the best! I am glad you think travis is funny. Travis and I need to have a play date, cause I think out real age is about ten years old.

Megan said...

Looks cold and fun! I can totally hear Travis saying those things.

Lisa said...

How fun! We still haven't been slIdding yet this winter. But Nick built a snow-fort. I've never seen one in real life 'til now. Only on Calvin & Hobbes. . . Heather, are you on Facebook?