This is absolutely my favorite part of Christmas.
We draw names and have to make gifts for each other.
It has to be under $5, and it has to be home-made.
Travis never keeps to his $5 limit but we love him anyway
I made Corbyn a Sylvester the Snake and wrote a story about the snake's adventure's. Turns out writing a children's story that isn't dumb is quite challenging.
We sat and organized all of his manly things
Ty actually did most of it, I was really impressed with his sorting skills
He was jumping up and down as we wrapped it and as soon as Travis got home he grabbed his hand and took him upstairs to see it. That is what the excitement of Christmas is all about, giving gifts that took work and some thought.
Travis made Ty a catapolt
Yes, a catapolt.
Does he love it?
You betcha
Did it trump all other gifts-you bet your hat it did!
Corbyn made me a necklace.
Stinking adorable child. He thought it up and with Travis's help-designed and made it. He kept saying how he was so excited to give me my gifts, that was making Christmas too exciting.





7 comments:
Thank you for giving me something to read while I impatiently and uncomfortably wait and wait and wait for baby to arrive. I really like that tradition. I didn't "involve" the kids as much as I should have this year so it would be fun to do that next year.
What a fun tradition! Sounds like every single gift was incredibly special and well thought out. I love it!
What a great and FUN idea. We may have to start doing that. IT teaches the kids so many good things.
I really like that idea! Might have to steal it!
Oh, I love this. I've been trying to think of ways to make gift giving more meaningful in our family, and I'm so glad that you shared this. Thank you!
That is a lovely tradition. No wonder you were stressed the week before Christmas... :)
You are so right! I love that idea!
Post a Comment