-->

Absolutely Terrifying

Has something very strange ever scared you.

Sometimes when my husband is on duty (stays the night on the base picking up DUI recruit's from jail, waking up men on their post, and tracking down men who thought it would be cool to leave their post) I get a little weary. It used to be real bad way back when. But now I have grown up a little bit and don't get as nervous.

I sat back and realized that is the only time when I get scared really. . .

But a few days back I had piled up the laundry really high
Like a leaning tower of stink
I even called poor sick Corbyn in to look at my masterpiece
It was really tall
Corbyn was tired and sick but he gave me a "wow. real cool mom." then promptly returned to laying down and watching Avatar.
I went downstairs, got breakfast and came back upstairs.
Turned the corner to go into my bathroom and giminee my laundry scared the crap right out of me. I thought it was a "somebody." I jumped, screamed, and took my defensive position.{maybe I should cut back on the kickboxing). Then I died laughing.
I am sure Corbyn thought I was crazy. . . what's new?
Boo, my laundry scared me.
You shoulda seen that huge tower, it would have scared you too.

10 comments:

McArthur Family said...

you had me cracking up! ...I can totally relate...p.s. did you know my husband is in the Army (we did the same thing you guys did, just for dental school)...what do you think of military life...would you do it again if you had the choice?

The Bluths said...

Oh man your blog always has me cracking up. You're hilarious. Now my pile isn't of dirty laundry, it's of clean laundry waiting to be folded. Mine is leaning against our bedroom wall as I pile more and more on it. Next to it I have the kids dirty laundry hamper which my daughter decided would be fun to knock the clean laundry into the dirty laundry. note to self...don't put those side by side...

As for my card swap. We have 6 girls in the group (6 is a good number because when cutting paper you have an even amount.) We each make 6 of the same card so that way we all get 6 different cards.

Jess said...

I am so jumpy when my hubby isn't home, too.

Hey will you share some of your food tips that your friend Kimi gave you? I would love to hear what she had to say!!

Alisha said...

That is so funny!! Thanks for sharing!

The Evans said...

That is the funniest thing I have heard in a while. Totally needed a laugh. Thanks

Brooke said...

You are hilarious. I used to sleep with all the lights on in the house when Trent had duty and often I would let at least one kid sleep with me. Remind me to tell you about the night about the coyotes and dead deer. It's a good one. Beware of that laundry...it'll get you every time!

Butler Family said...

haha that is funny that you wrote this because that was me in the exact position just a few days ago. You crack me up

Kyle and Tiffany said...

Oh, Heather...thank you for the laugh! You are so funny! I'm sure that big ole pile would have scared me. :)

The Browning Family said...

You had me laughing out loud!!! (Mak wondered what was so funny!!) And I can totally relate to the laundry piled up!!!

Petronella said...

Hi Heather! So we saw Travis at the temple today. He looked very surprised ;) We have lived by Milwaukee since last May and we were wondering if we would ever see you guys at the temple since we are at the same temple district. We were meaning to be at the 4pm session, but they started a little early and we missed it, so we ended up doing sealings instead. I hope all is going well for you :)