Last Wednesday I took a leave day.
I did not put anyone on a bus. I did not make any lunches. I did not brush anyone else's teeth and I did not change a diaper.
I woke up slowly. I curled my hair. I applied my makeup. I spent more than 2 minutes choosing an outfit from my closet. I drove myself to a real live mall. And I spent every penny of our clothing budget.
I felt not one ounce of guilt. Not one tinge of regret.
The proof is in the pudding. That day forever changed my opinion of "me time."
I used to think the term "me time" was a term of selfishness.
I did not feel selfish or sad, I felt like a woman.
I felt rejuvenated, beautiful, and alive.
I felt like the old self I sometimes misplace.
It was a day to remind myself to live instead of endure.
It was on all accounts a perfect day.
The best part being my return home.
I held that baby so tight. I kissed my husband and I really really meant it. And I wrestled with my boys and laughed until it hurt.
9 comments:
Amen!!!
I think more women need to do that. Including myself...we need to fill our bucket.
I feel refreshed just reading about it:) Now I need to go find my husband and schedule a similar day for myself...
good for you for taking that time off to yourself. we all need it every once in awhile but sometimes don't want to take it. good for you and glad it was such a splendid day
Love it!
good for you!!!!
doodEEE! What a wonderful day!!!! Ann TAYLOR RoCks! Well DONE TRAVIS! YOU have a great man!
Glad you got to do this and it left you feeling so refreshed. You deserve it!
I too, share your testimony. If I didn't allow myself a little alone time I would pull out my hair. Although it took a while for me to realize that I deserved it too. And you do. You look amazing by the way. Mother of three, what?
So true! And trips to the grocery store alone don't count, although, that's always a bonus!
Post a Comment