-->

A mother's day story

Let me tell you a story


It was mother's day


A rather unusually bright and warm kind of mother's day


Me-wanting to stick to Taylor tradition gathered the babies for a picture


A time stamp of how old, peacefully content, (and tired)I looked on that particular mother's day




Someone(s) has the plague of the permanent wiggles

no known cure

highly contagious


(Yes. He is biting his bum.

No. I don't know why)


Someone was tired and didn't want to



Oh, you were just kidding.

Good one.



Someone found great pleasure in this particular picture



And this one



Whuahaha, I tricked you into it



And my personal favorite


Ty using his pointer finger to "read" through his mother's day chocolate options


His necklace flashlight head lamp combo only enhanced his chocolate choosing capabilities


You can never be too prepared for what may lie ahead. . .

In this case a very important decision



Happy Mother's Day to all of those beautiful mother's who inspire me to spend more time and effort loving my babies. To all those who bite their tongue, use their extra spare and hard to find patience when they need it. To all those who truly dedicate themselves in service to their families. To all those who magify their sacred calling of motherhood and inspire me to do the same.


I love being a mother


The words almost sound trite


Being a mother is sacred to me, so much so that I spend the majority of my earthly time worrying and contemplating this role. How to do right by them, how to teach them, how to love them, how to help schedule them, how to help them learn life's hard lessons, how to help them keep their second estate and return to their Father and Mother who are much much better at parenting them than I am.


Here's to motherhood, the lovely, the crazy, and the sticky.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LIKE!!!!

Kim-the-girl said...

Amen and amen!

Butler Family said...

Happy Late Mother's day heather. You are an amazing mom and I have a;ways looked up to you as a wife and mother and you just set an amazing example to me. Glad you had a fabulous day in which you really deserved to be treated like a queen

Alisha said...

I love all the pictures! Wish I had got more or maybe even some!

Brooke said...

What a great idea. You are always full of great ideas. You really inspire me to better mothering of my own.

LeAnn said...

I can't get over how handsome your boys are! I love Jay's face when he is looking at Ty in the silly picture. Adoreable. Glad you had a nice mother's day. It is very special and very humbling to be a mother!

Anonymous said...

You are a WONDERFUL mother!!! I'm so glad we are friends so I can learn from you!! =D