-->

I miss my two kid mode

Dear Molly,

I promised you I would post my crafting on the craft blog.
I haven't.
I really did intend to when I promised you.

It is midnight.
I just ordered a canvas print literally seconds before the sale closed because I forgot.
I have not posted on the craft blog because I forgot.
Are you sensing a theme.
I have never missed visiting teaching in my life. . . I missed one of my wonderful women for May. . . because I forgot.
Either the memory portion of my brain is being slowly poisoned by the harmful vapor's seeping in from my overheated dashboard (have you gotten that email, it's a goodie), or I am only meant to have three kids, or .....
I dunno.
I forgot.
I would love to craft, take pictures of said crafts in a clean and well lit environment and then post them to some fabulous blog suffocating in my own awesomeness.

How can I switch my brain back into two kid mode. I had a clean house, did my calling, was a good visiting teacher, did little crafty things, did killer workouts, didn't have a gut, had ONE day for doing laundry, didn't run to walgreen's three times a week, and dagfreakin'gum I was efficient.

I did craft tonight sort of. I copied the teacher appreciation cans Jen did (from Best Bites). They were darling. I even made Mrs. Winiger a penant banner and cards with little apples on them. You would have been so proud. But you see....having to take pictures of those things and then post them sounds like trying to fly cross country with three small children. Awful.
I am going to bed now with the confidence that you will still love me. Please call me tomorrow. I am going bed past midnight and will be verging crazed mother mode and will need someone to talk me off the chocolate ledge. Did I tell you I gained 1.5 lbs while basking in non moderation mode in Utah. So no, chocolate will not help me tomorrow.

Your's truthfully,

Me.

ps. I am babysitting my friends indoor plant. I hate babysitting indoor plants. It is almost as bad as babysitting group from 8-8:30 when the internet is down and netflix doesn't work. All I did was drive it to my house in my trunk. I haven't even had the time to forget about it yet. Can I mail it to you? I already ran into it twice and almost swore at the thing. I'll just give it to you and tell her it died. Deal?

8 comments:

Mitch n' Molly said...

Deal! Send it over! YOU are funny! I WILL call today! you are gonna have to talk me off the home-made cheesecake ledge i have been jumping off every night. Its a weakness of mine cheesecake...esp one w/o refined sugar...LOVE YOUR guts and LIVEr!

Rachel Chick said...

H ah ahaahahaha! I love it. Because here is the truth. I believe all moms with three kids go through this. I remember forgetting appointment after appointment - I think my visiting teachers hated me - and literally feeling like I accomplished nothing and didn't ever want to ever again. I was a failure. Plain and simple. That's how I felt.

But then, slowly that little squirt got a little older, I learned very slowly that I am not in control, we learned a new kind of normal, learned to cut some "important" things out of life, and things got better. Every time you have a new baby, life changes --- always for the better --- but no time in my mothering has probably been as difficult for me as when baby number three was between 6 and 18 months old (because I'm a really slow learner of some things). Learning that YOU ARE NOT IN CONTROL is the best lesson the Lord will ever teach you --- and you're right in the thick of it right now.

And in a few years, you'll look at your friends who are contemplating whether or not to have their third baby, you'll cheer for them and let them know that baby number three is the sweetest little thing in the whole world. And then when they take the plunge and get pregnant, you're going to smile to yourself knowing that they have no idea what they're in for, but you know that on the other side of all the "learning" that comes with baby # three, lies a much better mother and a much better family. :)

Good luck! I know that you'll make it. :)

Wendi said...

Can I get an AMEN to that!! Why it was a mere two days ago I got a call from Susan at 7:50, asking if I was planning on coming to our presidency meeting... that started at 7:30. "Umm, yeah. I'll be there in 20..." Sigh. I'm looking forward to when your friend Rachel's wisdom plays itself out for me. Because right now, I'm totally not there. You're amazing, though, and are such a good mom to those three boys of yours!

Reed Family said...

It's been a year since #3 came to my home, and I have decided that I am forever going to be a bit crazy/frazzled/late and unfortunately, FoRgEtFuL...(which, dunno 'bout you, but I never was that way before...) Love your honesty...and I wish you would post on the craft blog cuz you have AMAZING ideas! No joke.

Rachel Chick said...

Ah. I love you, Heather. Thanks for your sweet comment. You'll make it. Cut things out. And what you can't, just learn to accept that for the time being - mediocrity is fabulous! :) LOL! Sometimes it's just all you can do it live out the day and your darling husband will come home and wonder what on earth you did all day, because you're still in your pajamas with no shower and the kids are covered in dirt and peanut butter - as is your kitchen. Laundry hasn't been done in a week and somehow you still feel like you've been running all day.

Sometimes good enough is good enough. Sometimes you swear that tomorrow is going to be better - and then tomorrow is a hundred times worse. :) (Feeling encouraged yet? :) But slowly, life changes again. And you will get to a point where you know you're not perfect, not ever going to be in this life, but you can be satisfied with the progress that you're making. (I'm not always there, but I get glimpses of it on occasion. :)

I feel like life is just a lot of phases. One feels really overwhelming for a while - like you're never going to see the sun again - and then slowly a new one rolls in and you can hardly remember what the one before was. Just be patient. :) Baby number three is a doosy for all of us. (Good thing those third babies are pretty much heaven incarnate or else I think that we'd all give up at that point and check into the loony bin.)

Anonymous said...

I've come to realize you never know how good things are until they're gone. 1 kid seemed overwhelming at first, but wow! It was super easy compared to our family now! someone once told me, "laundry can wait. You'll have the rest of your life to do your laundry and have a clean house. this is your ONLY time with your kids." Keep those priorities straight.

Carley said...

I didn't read the other comments, so I'm sorry if I'm repeating anything.

#1- I read an article once that said that you literally loose brain cells with each pregnancy and don't get them back. Memory was the #1 thing effected. So its understandable that you are forgetting things. I mean, on top of the fact that you have 2 kids and a baby and still manage to get more accomplished in a day than most people. You are seriously Super Mom!

#2- I need a link to this teacher appreciation gift you did. I usually get gift cards (because I'm lame) but Lincoln has 4 teachers, 4 therapists, and an aid this year, and with getting ready to move even if I did $5 each that's out of my budget.

LeAnn said...

So...I only have two children, I am rarely efficient, I need to work out, I'm lucky if my house is picked up at the end of the day and I forget things all the time...does this mean two children is my max?? :) Loved this post Heather and hope the plant survived. :)