I've never been to an air show.
Travis thinks he's never been to an air show.
The last 2 years I begged to go. No one wanted to.
I didn't think it would be that cool to go all by my lonesome. Kinda like riding a roller coaster by yourself. If you haven't done it, don't. Your all screamin and laughin and look to your neighbor for some "hey this totally awesome" kind of validation and they think your a weirdo. So you turn to the other neighbor, same response. Maybe I am a weirdo but at least I scream when things are scary and laugh when things are funny. Now, it's just my opinion but we need more people who laugh at funny things. You'd think that trait would be more common.
This year Travis wanted to go for his birthday, off we went. I was grateful I didn't go alone when I looked around.
The planes were all:
Zoom, spin, sputter, dive bomb, swirl
I was all:
Whoa, WOW!, Look at that! Did you see that? Scream, high five, back flip.
My kids had the same reaction. Travis as well.
Everybody else was all:
crunch crunch popcorn, sip sip drink, yawn.
What's wrong with all of you?!
That guy just jumped out of a plane and now the plane is whooshing around him!
And that plane just dive bombed to the ground and pulled up the last stinkin second.
Put your popcorn down and yell a little bit will ya?
Corbyn came on a prayer and a promise of ear plugs, headphones, and music. He got off the bus crying on Friday because the planes had been whooshing over his elementary school all day. It terrified him. He cried at school and had to come in from recess. His phobia of loud noises plagues him.
Through Travis's powerful means of persuasion we got him to come. A little bit into it he took his head phones off and the ear plugs came out.
Turns out it wasn't that bad.
I can't be too weary when he gets scared of things. He got it from me. I was the child kicking and screaming my way into the department of health for my annual shots. So sorry mama. I'm much better now mom, I don't hit anymore.








6 comments:
Beautiful pictures! I love the colors you captured!
I'm with you - we need to enjoy life more and be a little less "blech." And you're right about riding a roller coaster by yourself. No fun at all.
Where's the picture of the backflip?!?!
Ditto to Carrie. Beautiful photos (I wonder how many times I have typed those very words on this here blog...)
Eliza kind of freaks out about the planes and loud noises, however hers is due to an experience AT the airshow... maybe she'll overcome it one day...
jealous! we can't get ENOUGH of airshows around here...
the air show out there was so much fun when we went. The kids LOVED watching them so high in the air and doing cool tricks. Glad you had a fun time and that you got to go:)
Your PICTURES are AMAZING!!!! I can almost touch that dadgum silver plane! I LOVE that one! I also love the picture of Travis and Ty. Your pictures take my breath away! Keep it up!
Love the photos!!!
Post a Comment