-->

Our little piggy's party

A party for a piggie
Or a piggie for a party

The first birthday is such a momentous occasion.
It is a family celebration. 
We are celebrating the fact that we survived the first year together.
We are celebrating family sacrifice--certainly each member of the family sacrifices when a new baby arrives.  
Certainly that deserves celebrating.
We are celebrating Jay:
His loving nature
His silly laugh
His love of wrestling with his brother
The way he runs and giggles when you crawl after him
The tender way he lays his head on your shoulder and sucks his thumb when you sing to him
The way he tries to wack his mobile when you put him in bed and let's out a glorious laugh if he managed to get it.
The way he efficiently reorganizes everything from the waist down daily
The way we love our dear  Jay bear and all the goodness he has brought to our family.
And....
He's just such a cute witto piggy who needed a party
I wanted to invite the whole world. 
 I had a list going with about 25 families on it whom I wanted to thank for their help through the pregnancy and afterwards.  I wanted to celebrate with them.  
I realized with some persuasion from Travis that while this was fun for the other two boys first birthdays, it was also insanity for the guests.
Trying to find a place to sit, yelling over each other, all the while: sweetly enduring our small quarters.  
So we invited one family on the list and thoroughly enjoyed their company.
And we all had  a place to sit
Alice {my dear dear wondrous friend} reading our theme books
"If you give a pig a pancake"
and
"If you give a pig a party"
That poor girl helping that piggy, she is so exhausted by the end of the book.
Time for the little piggy to have some cake
Isn't that the most innocent look you've ever seen.
I recognize that look
I see it every morning as he empties our bathroom drawers item by item onto the bathroom floor
I  see it as he discover's throwing the eye shadow makes it open up
I see it when I hear splashing and then commence to clean up the pee pee party he has had in the toilet
I saw it today when he grabbed a treat out of Travis's hand and quickly ate it.
All bathed and time for presents


 
 
This piggies outta here
Happy Birthday my sweet Jay bear

12 comments:

Mitch n' Molly said...

I WAS there... if only in my head. What a DARLING party my dear! Well done! and HOORAY for your ADORABLE one year old! Give him a great big Molly hug and lots of sweet cheek kisses from me!

Cam said...

Congrats on surviving the first year! His eyes are amazing, what a beautiful baby.

Jess said...

so adorable. You are an amazing party planner :) And everything else!

Alisha said...

Happy Birthday Jay! I love the party theme and the picture after the cake! Priceless!

The Bluths said...

He really does have the cutest squishiest face ever! I need to take a lesson from the book of Heather. Jane gets into all those same things (pee toilets, make-up..) but instead of just cleaning it up I get so mad!

Kim-the-girl said...

He just gets cuter and cuter every time I see him (and just think how adorable he would be if I saw him in PERSON!) :)

Happy birthday to the sweet little piggy. What a fun theme!

Candace and Brian said...

I really do remember just reading about his birth. He is such a cutie and you are such a darling family. Happy first year!

Butler Family said...

oh my goodness he is so cute and so darn BIG!!! he really is a handsome boy!!!

Brianne Pitts-Wells said...

Your little piggy is so cute! Those eyes! And I love the piggie ears! You are one talented lady!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jay, what a GREAT theme for his party!!!!! Heather, YOU ROCK =D SO WONDERFUL to see our incredible friend, Alice!! Oh how I miss her -- such a SWEET and LOVELY lady!! PLEASE give Alice a big hug from us!!!

Kelsey Booth said...

You lie - you are a party throwing guru. Way to go on the party and way to survive year 1 with 3 kiddos.

kristina said...

Yay! You picked the greatest family to celebrate with. They are party animals, I tell ya. Next time you have them over, ask David to do the Bum walk. It's not a party unless David does the bum walk. Happy Birthday sweet little Jay. You can tell by his face, that he just knows he is so loved. So sweet!