NEVER SAY NEVER.
period.
Now I have officially done two things I said I would NEVER do:
1. Buy a van (which shall now be referred to as "car," because we don't say the word van in my house)
2. and I've quoted Justin Bieber
Ladies and Gentlemen meet the newest member to our humble abode:
_______________________
(Lame....he has no name)
It is not because of slacking effort, it's just a big decision.
We have a few options: Oscar (noted to Oscar Meyer). They thought it more tame than my original name of the weenie wagon.
What?
It hauls all men around.
Why can't I name it the weenie wagon?
Moving on.....
If you have any suggestions please offer them up as we are stuck and cannot move further and Ty keeps calling it the magic van and I really don't want to name it that.
period.
Now I have officially done two things I said I would NEVER do:
1. Buy a van (which shall now be referred to as "car," because we don't say the word van in my house)
2. and I've quoted Justin Bieber
Ladies and Gentlemen meet the newest member to our humble abode:
_______________________
(Lame....he has no name)
It is not because of slacking effort, it's just a big decision.
We have a few options: Oscar (noted to Oscar Meyer). They thought it more tame than my original name of the weenie wagon.
What?
It hauls all men around.
Why can't I name it the weenie wagon?
Moving on.....
If you have any suggestions please offer them up as we are stuck and cannot move further and Ty keeps calling it the magic van and I really don't want to name it that.
My quick conversion to a van is a long story.
Suffice it to say I had to pray not to hate a van.
Yes.
Prayer.
We drove every smaller SUV in our price range on the market and couldn't find one with adequate trunk space, bucket seats, possibility to seat 8, and the blessed good long warranty. NONE! You should have seen me in my in my kitchen about to cry when I realized that a van was the most logical choice.
It was definitely a heart wrenching process as I realized the only reason I didn't want a van was my pride and vanity.
Luckily the man upstairs can help with pride and vanity and he quite accurately changed my heart and my mind.
So no. I do not feel abused driving my mom car.
I do not feel unattractive or overworked and underpaid.
No I am not pregnant or barefoot.
(speaking of barefoot my sister is sending me 3 inch heels to wear while driving my van to celebrate my crossover to a mommy-hood vehicle)
If I am driving a van I am so thankful it is a sexy van.
Insert the whistle here: whuiiiiiiiiwhooooou
I love this darn thing. And there is number 3 thing I said i would never do:
3. Say I love a van.
Suffice it to say I had to pray not to hate a van.
Yes.
Prayer.
We drove every smaller SUV in our price range on the market and couldn't find one with adequate trunk space, bucket seats, possibility to seat 8, and the blessed good long warranty. NONE! You should have seen me in my in my kitchen about to cry when I realized that a van was the most logical choice.
It was definitely a heart wrenching process as I realized the only reason I didn't want a van was my pride and vanity.
Luckily the man upstairs can help with pride and vanity and he quite accurately changed my heart and my mind.
So no. I do not feel abused driving my mom car.
I do not feel unattractive or overworked and underpaid.
No I am not pregnant or barefoot.
(speaking of barefoot my sister is sending me 3 inch heels to wear while driving my van to celebrate my crossover to a mommy-hood vehicle)
If I am driving a van I am so thankful it is a sexy van.
Insert the whistle here: whuiiiiiiiiwhooooou
I love this darn thing. And there is number 3 thing I said i would never do:
3. Say I love a van.

10 comments:
yowzas!! that thang is SMOKIN'! is this the latest Odyssey?? ours is 10 yrs. old and i thought IT was sleek! i must agree that this is one sexy vehicle. :) and i had to convert myself to a "van" too...painful, but true. best thing i ever did.
Don't look now... Heather is catching the Bieber Fever!
-Travis
Holy crap! This post is EXACTLY why i want to marry you... you are so freeking funny! I am LOVING your Bieber fever! DUDE! HILARIOUS. We will cross over soon too! I am so HAPPY for you and that thing is HOT!
After serious consideration, I believe a name that should be considered is
GO BOT MACHINE
Grandpa R will be ever so proud. It's black.
I just had to see what line from his songs you would quote. I only know 2 of them and Baby, Baby, Baby Oh was on my mind! Nice van! I have several friends now "crossing over" and although we love our SUV it is definitely a bit tight in comparison. Who knows what the future might hold?
That is an awesome Van though. I LOVE IT!! Seems as everyone is getting vans these days!!! Congrats!!!
I went through a similar fight against getting a van back when we did. Your's is a heck of lot cooler than mine was though. I remember driving those small SUVS too and just wishing it would work. But it didn't. Now we are onto a suburban and I love it but I have to admit I miss the storage space in the trunk of my van!
well het,
I think its cool,, and I do think that you should name it the "black pickle"
dad
way to go on the van. I haven't reached that point yet but when I have to go to the van, it will be a sad day for me too. Also, I love love love your fabric for the boy's room. I am obsessed with fabric too and those pillows are super cute. I'm jealous of your abilities.
I feel the same way about vans, BUT this new one they have actually looks pretty good. I decided on the Ford Flex and I LOVE it, but if I ever had to get a "mini" van, it would be that one.
P.S. My word verification is 'el death'. That's weird.
Post a Comment