One day I was feeling darn lonely.
I needed some family.
They are so stinking far away. . . too far really.
They must have heard my murmuring.
Sure enough my auntie Tess and Nanny came to visit us.
What a delicious surprise.
We had a splendid time. We played hard, napped soundly, and ate well.
I loved the life in the kitchen. All of us in there cooking things up, making big messes, laughing, bonding, sharing memories. And then the unthinkable. Everyone got up after dinner and cleaned up. My nanny even scrubbed my sink and my oven. Now I don't know about you.... but I see flying out as an awfully big favor. But to take it one step further and scrub my kitchen and help me with dishes:
I will love you until the end of time.
For you see,
You have just spoken my love language,
And now I will never let you go!
I needed some family.
They are so stinking far away. . . too far really.
They must have heard my murmuring.
Sure enough my auntie Tess and Nanny came to visit us.
What a delicious surprise.
We had a splendid time. We played hard, napped soundly, and ate well.
I loved the life in the kitchen. All of us in there cooking things up, making big messes, laughing, bonding, sharing memories. And then the unthinkable. Everyone got up after dinner and cleaned up. My nanny even scrubbed my sink and my oven. Now I don't know about you.... but I see flying out as an awfully big favor. But to take it one step further and scrub my kitchen and help me with dishes:
I will love you until the end of time.
For you see,
You have just spoken my love language,
And now I will never let you go!
Poor Tess rode in the back seat everywhere.
I will buy a bigger car someday. . .
that blessed day called someday!


The meany old goat ate Ty's corn maze paper.
My Nanny and I stayed up far too late one night just talking and talking. Did I mention there was a lot of talking? It was a tender mercy to look into the eyes of my precious Nanny and realize that we are not so very different. She has a lot more knowledge and experience and life lessons. But we are friendly spirits walking down the same path trying for the same things. I am grateful we came down to live out our earth life in families. Isn't it perfect trying to grow up with all the tender arms protecting you and keeping you on the path.













3 comments:
Family coming to visit is always a great time!! So glad you guys had a blast!!
I love having family over!! How awesome that she scrubbed your kitchen! That spells love for me too!
I always wished my love language was acts of service, its so meaningful... it just doesn't come naturally to me. Anyhow, what a fabulous visit! Makes me wish I had known my grandmas better. Such sweet memories you've all created.
Post a Comment