Christmas Surprises
I can honestly say I have NEvER
EvER
been so surprised.
I was supposed to get our Christmas Tree for my Christmas gift.
I was thrilled with that option!
The Merrell's had been kind enough to give us their old tree which we passed onto another family with no tree, but it was time to get THE tree.
It is a lovely tree and it was a crazy process trying to find the right one and then get it on a significant sale because tree's are so terribly expensive.
But no,
Travis did not keep the rules this Christmas.
He wrapped it in a huge box, made a homemade tag out of my scrapbook paper. . . which made my heart melt.
There could have been a cookie in it and I would have been tickled.
It was no cookie folks.
I opened it to find a king size twix. I laughed and was pretty happy. I love twix.
He told me to open the twix.
I did and he had stuck a secret note in there.
The note said there was more.
So I began digging through the tissue paper.
What could I have missed, there was nothing else in the dang box. It was completely empty.
He had cut and placed a false bottom in the box. It took me awhile to figure that one out....duh.
Under that false bottom was an
I TOUCH!
Holy cow.
Exactly what I was saving all my moneys for. Exactly what I knew I wouldn't be able to purchase until next year. And I knew exactly how much it cost.
I can honestly say I have NEvER
EvER
been so surprised.
I was supposed to get our Christmas Tree for my Christmas gift.
I was thrilled with that option!
The Merrell's had been kind enough to give us their old tree which we passed onto another family with no tree, but it was time to get THE tree.
It is a lovely tree and it was a crazy process trying to find the right one and then get it on a significant sale because tree's are so terribly expensive.
But no,
Travis did not keep the rules this Christmas.
He wrapped it in a huge box, made a homemade tag out of my scrapbook paper. . . which made my heart melt.
There could have been a cookie in it and I would have been tickled.
It was no cookie folks.
I opened it to find a king size twix. I laughed and was pretty happy. I love twix.
He told me to open the twix.
I did and he had stuck a secret note in there.
The note said there was more.
So I began digging through the tissue paper.
What could I have missed, there was nothing else in the dang box. It was completely empty.
He had cut and placed a false bottom in the box. It took me awhile to figure that one out....duh.
Under that false bottom was an
I TOUCH!
Holy cow.
Exactly what I was saving all my moneys for. Exactly what I knew I wouldn't be able to purchase until next year. And I knew exactly how much it cost.
Which is why I immediately start berating him.
Which of course is all for naught because he devised a secret sneaky plan to purchase it. He took all my incoming Christmas money from family, and used all my saved up allowance, AND used all our credit card points.
I couldn't have been happier.
I use it everyday. I love having things digital. I love my play lists while I run, I love my music in the morning while we get ready, I love my calendar synced up to Travis's, I love having blue-tooth in my wagon. Love it all. The coolest present ever ever.
Enjoying my leap into the 21st century technology
2 comments:
That is so fun! I love being surprised! And I love Twix too. :)
that is awesome!! I LOVE being surprised and I LOVE the beautiful pictures of the surprise Travis did for you!!
Post a Comment