-->
I forgot.
Kind of.
I had just had a surgery......and an unnamed child shared his illness with the household and I was also sick.
So I suppose I just skipped right over St. Patty's day and all inherent traditions and green cancer causing food coloring.
So, as any good mother would do:
I chose another random day to celebrate it on.  
Surprise kids, your mom is strange.

Now, at the Taylor household we have this rather mischievous and messy leprechaun that likes to cause a ruckus for us.  
See said ruckus below.
 Jay was not so much concerned with the mess and silly gifts as he was with trying to get the camera away from me.  Which he did with success and a victorious laugh.
Something about not being able to hold this darling baby has made me ridiculously in love with him.  He used to sit happily on my hip a good portion of the day.  For 4 more weeks I am not even supposed to lift him and it is hard on us both.  He has started snuggling my legs while I rub his back.....a fine alternative but nothing to real thing.  
I sure do love this sweet sweet baby.


 Alright I'll stop with the baby pictures. 
Babies are just the cutest little creatures on the planet.

 Shove that green crepe right in.  
Well done sir.

 Green eggs and green crepe's: tradition.
What a lucky day to have daddy home to celebrate.  I was ill so he scrambled his life around to take a few days.  Turns out the virus was a quick one and I was better in 2 days.  
Neither of us were complaining too much about having him home for a bit.  Well, maybe he was actually, he is the mom lately and I think it is starting to wear.
 Thank you Hawkins for your blog post about Beyblades.  I had never heard of them but we talked.....okay fine we coerced Ty into buying the basic kit.  And in our leprechaun mess we hid some more beyblades with which to create the most epic of epic battles.

So, long story short.  Ty had lots of money.  Corbyn spent most days trying to talk Ty into buying horrible toys they found online or in mailers.  I was more than ready for it to end so Travis and I took it upon ourselves to show him beyblades to which he promptly responded:  I want those.   Of course you do, you want EVERYTHING brother shows you.  We just took the opportunity of brother being away at school to seal the deal and end the madness.  
Yes, I do think Ty will be mad about this when he is 20, 
you know what I say: 
"add it to the list buddy." 
It was a consequence I was willing to accept.
 Guess who played with it when the boys left to school......mmmmmmbetcha.
I think as soon as my ginormous belly shrinks back to it's normal only slightly puffed size we will start using plates again.  It was a little weird eating Hawaiian haystacks with green sauce.

4 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

You are unbelievably awesome! Our boys got beyblades for Christmas and love them! You might want to check out nano bugs too... my boys really LOVE them!

Alisha said...

I'm sorry but the green hawaiian haystacks kind of turned my stomach! LOL! Oh what we do for our children!

Cali said...

I'm glad you got to celebrate, even if it was a tad late! Glad your loving your Beyblades!

Brooke said...

You can never post too many
pics of that sweet baby! SERIOUSLY.... he is soooooooo CUTE! love it!