-->

Do a Tri_______Don't Die

That was pretty much my goal.
Do a tri
Don't die
And maybe learn something along the way.
I did learn, more than just "something"
I was reminded of the bodies vast capabilities.
Bodies are strong and capable, it is our mind that slows them down.
Well, that and cookies.
When I trained I felt powerful, capable, confident, I felt pretty darn good.
When I finished the actual event I realized that the joy came in the training just as much as race day.
You learn a lot about yourself when you push through the pain,burn, and fatigue.
You realize your not a quitter.  You'll finish if it kills ya.  Even if it's just a four mile run that day--unless your dead on the side of the road--you'll finish.
It restored a lost confidence for me.

I also learned that I don't so much like to swim.  I'll do it, but it's not my favorite.
Water and I don't get along.
For the tri they accidentally put me in the wrong swim time, a faster than I could ever swim in my life swim time. I was grumbling about it a bit.  It stinks to be lapped by everyone, irritating is the word that comes to mind:).  But it turned out to be a good thing, I shaved 2 minutes off my time.  
Irritation is also a motivator.  And yes, I did get passed. . . by most everyone in my swim time.






So so glad Heidi made me do it.
So so glad she didn't let me complain too much because I didn't feel I had enough time to train amidst the moving, business purchase, business remodel, unpacking. . . you get the picture.
So glad to finally live by family!!  It is a treat for me and the kids to have someone (2 someone's) to share everything with.
And yes.  It helps that they are girls.  I need some more estrogen in my life.
Can't wait to do another crazy race next Saturday!

3 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

Way to go YOU!!! I'm considering a Tri pot baby #6... but we will see... I'm afraid of the swim... if only I lived close to someone awesome to motivate me!

Travis and Heather said...

Oh girl, I would do it with you in a heartbeat. I did not enjoy the swim to be honest....but it worked out:). It is actually nice to be afraid of the swim because you do it first...then you just get to enjoy yourself the rest of the time!

Anonymous said...

YOU ROCK!!!!! My hubby does duathlons and triathlons. I'm just excited to sit by, wait and watch as he competes. You are incredible and I am very impressed!!!

Love & miss ya! Connie