I can't help but look back at Illinois and feel like it was a lifetime ago.
I used to leave my babies with their daddy and go enjoy myself to the fullest right here in this very room. Laughing, screaming, groaning under massive weights with these fine individuals.
It was bliss.
This like many other things will be left in Illinois.
I will still teach.
It wont be three days a week. . . bummer yes. All bad? Absolutely not. Change is part of our move. I knew it was coming, I knew it would be big for us, I knew it meant sacrifice on all accounts.
So now things are as is. My husband goes in about 6 and comes home about 7 or 8. We live the normal life. No more fabulous navy hours of 7 to 4.
No more babies with Daddy while I go teach.
Can't imagine photography fitting into this life either.
One decision at a time.
As for our here and now we are finally unpacked! (What feels like a monumental achievement.)
We both have callings and are getting to work in our ward.
We are desperately in love with Oregon weather, berries, cheese, and of course winco!
We play outside every single day, my kids have friends, and things are starting to fold themselves back up after being strewn from here to there.
Life is good.
Different,
but good.
3 comments:
What did you teach? And if you mentioned it and I missed it, it's only because I skimmed over this :)
Glad things are starting to look up for you guys!!
Adjustment is always exciting!!
Post a Comment