Well....our first set of stitches, I am sure it wont be the last. Look how swollen he is...poor thing.The story: while I was making dinner on Thursday Corbyn was jumping off the coffee table in the living room trying to grab the halloween decorations off of the entertainment center. I didn't stop him, this is pretty standard....he's three! That is what three year old boys do. Oddly enough he didn't injure himself in the acrobatics portion of the trick, HE JUST TRIPPED! He was going to climb back on the coffee table when he tripped and whammo, he bit completely through his bottom lip and whacked his top four teeth.

We cleaned him up and he fell asleep after 20 minutes of screaming and we thought the worst was over. Then he woke up after about 20 minutes just so upset and would not calm down. The pediatrician told us to take him to the ER and off we went. Before the ER trip Jason came over and Corbyn was given a blessing that brought the spirit and that incredible sweetness and peace that comes everytime Travis gives that little boy a blessing. He was blessed with many things one of them being the ability to find comfort in him mom and dad and the ability to cope with the pain. I was FREAKED out when they said he needed stitches but through the mercy of our loving Father in Heaven the promises made in the blessing were made sure and he sat still and starred up into Travis's eyes as they stitched him up. They had brought 3 big guys in the room to "hold him down" just in case and those guys just looked at Travis in awe as he told him a "thomas the train" story that captivated and calmed him. The blessings that day were numerous and all our tesimonies were stregthened. Heavenly Father loves us and our sweet Corbyn. Who knew stitches would be such a wonderful experience. I just couldn't help but think of what a MANS MAN Travis was in that moment. That is what real men do!
The dentist trip went just as well and we will see if we have to get his front tooth pulled on Monday! Either way everything will be fine. Corbyn is still rough and crazy, a few stitches wont slow him down any. He really likes showing all his friends his "blue sthings."
6 comments:
Can yo believe that we STILL haven't had stitches at our house? I'm seriously knocking on wood as I type. I'm glad that things worked out sowell for Corbyn. Way to go big guy!
Oh! I'm glad everything worked out okay. Katelyn had stitches this summer. I think SHE did better than I did. . .
Wow Heather- what a neat experience in the sense that you will be able to have this experience to show Corbyn just how special and important the priesthood is. I hope your little guy is feeling better. I would have been freaked out too!
I am glad Corbyn is ok. I am glad it end up being a good experience in the end. Little boys are so energetic so eventually something is doom to happen... I was almost amazed that Matthew hadn't got hurt since he is always climbing and trying some creative tricks...but then last summer he fell of a hammock at ward camp out and hit his head on a rock..and stitches...and two weeks later in Michigan he managed to get stitches again(!!!) on his head while reaching for the sink from standing on the toilet (it was a new apartment and the distance was too long and he didn't make it).
I'm glad that everything went ok!! And what a tough little boy. Great that what seemed like a traumatic, terrible experience turned into a learning, spiritual one.
Darn it, that doesn't sound fun at all! I'm glad he was such a brave little guy to get his stiches in, hopefully there won't be anymore of these for awhile.
Post a Comment