-->

Life is too exciting to sleep

Seriously, it has been ages since I have not been able to sleep. Maybe since about 6th grade when we were going to classic skating and I dreamed of holding boys hands as we skated around for the "snowball" song. Writing that and re-reading it makes me realize how sweet and incredibly dumb that is.

Anyhow, TRAVIS is coming home in the morning....well not home I guess. We don't really have a home currently we are bumming off every living organism in Utah that happens to be on our family tree. My poooor family has seen every side of Heatherdom since I have been here. So ode to family for snatching up your kids before you lock them in the closet, ode to family for making your first birthday away from her love so fun and so full of wonderful distractions, ode to family for surprise sleepovers, ode to family for trampoline jumping and sand box playing, so many ode's to sing. I was here for four weeks and cannot believe that it flew by. It was surprisingly chaotic and busy and so full of the excitement that Utah always holds.

I cannot wait to reunite, I have dreamed about it (I know, kind of strage...but true), I have waited patiently for it, and now it is finally here.

The real reason for writing this post aside from passing the time until I will try for sleep again is this: I was quite sure I couldn't find us a place to live in Illinois, I was quite sure I couldn't move out of Garden Grove, I was quite sure I couldn't survive Utah without my time to exercise and clear my head, I was quite sure that without Travis I would be as I usually am without him....so tearful and so very sad, I was quite sure I couldn't drive 13 hours to Utah with two kids, and I was quite sure that I would have to be admitted after all the stress of being quite sure I couldn't do all of the above.

I will tell you something I am quite sure of now. I didn't have to do any of the above by myself. Travis gave me a blessing before he left and everything in that blessing has been brought to my mind over and over again offering strength and peace. God sent me angels disguised as family to help me in such tremendous ways that I felt silly writing a dumb thank you note to try and express how I felt about what they had done for me. The last five weeks have been incredibly enriching and such a testimony that God will bring people out of the darn woodwork to buoy you up, to drive you, to cook for you, to take your kids for you, to pack your boxes for you, to bring birthday bliss for you, to give life to your exercise, to inspire you, and to let you be when you have the {don't come within 10 feet sign} posted in clear view. Happy day to the end of the blessings and the trials! Happy daddy day for us tomorrow.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

aw, that's so sweet Heather. What would we do without our husbands love and the love of our family and our Heavenly Father and Mother. Your such a good person to see the better side of it and see the blessings in the adversity.

Kim-the-girl said...

I loved this Heather. You are great. I am so glad you get your hubby back! It is a glorious day!!!

Debra said...

Isn't it always crazy to realize how strong we really are, but even better to realize where that strength comes from. I love hearing your insights. Wish we could have seen you, but I'm glad you have family here to bring you back every once in awhile...next time right??

Shaillé said...

Well this is a little late...but yay! You made it! I'm so glad the time went quickly for you and that you gained so much from going through it. What would we do without family?

jjcrew said...

Heather--Hello beautiful friend...It's the "mother hen" from Garden Grove. You've now lived what I lived. And now you know that you & Trav were some of those angels that came out of the darn woodwork to buoy me up when Jared was doing his rotating :) Pretty awesome isn't it? Congrats in all the greatness and newness in your life.

Jared's parents are in IL. We'll have to come visit ya next time we're there. I do miss the Garden Grove friendships and easy access to people I loved and trusted. (Love ya ~Jenn...just in case you couldn't remember :)