I wish we hadn't moved you so much over the last year. I wish you had stable friends who were kind and sweet and forgiving and everything that you are. I truly hope God has a plan to help you find stability so that the tantrums can stop. I hope I can be a good mommy even when you are having a "moment." I hope I get some insight quick to help me help you along. When you are sweet you are incredibly sweet, when you are mad you are just like your mommy.
ps...today I am grateful for my own little place in cyber space to let it all out
Dear Ty,
My goodness, if I could only love and snuggle you all day. You cope with the moves remarkably well. Even when you dump out the paints and crayons and throw a fit as they are being cleaned up I can't help but think how very similar to a pet monkey you are. Very cute and cuddly, quite stinky, and always up for laughter and fun. You make all of us laugh, even Corbyn. Thank you for you crazy boyness to keep us all hopping, thank you for your snuggle loves.
Dear me,
Spanking/yelling/losing patience in any of it's forms is naughty, don't do it or you'll regret it tonight during the daily report with the boss upstairs. Go get Corbyn out of the garage...well...as soon as he stops pounding on the door, remember how sweet and tender their spirits are, remember WHY you do what you do. If it is your full time job to do it, then do you best today, right now.
Dear Travis,
I couldn't love you more today. You are my perfect man, thank goodness I clung to you then and thank goodness you let us all rely on you so much now. How we all need you. I am sure you need a nap and a good explosion movie:).
Dear everyone else,
Somedays life is roses, some moments are quite sticky and frustrating. Nobody likes people who only talk about the roses....there is something really inhuman about it. Sorry if my sticky is oh so sticky for you. I hope all you other fourth years and moving people are settling down well. Ahhhhh, I feel better already, thanks for listening.
8 comments:
Yes, it does seem that all the "roses" moments are put on here by everyone else. Thanks for being real. It makes me feel like I am not the only one going through tantrums and trying to stay sane and patient. Being a mom is so hard sometimes. If I had 1/10 of your patience, I would be a better person. You are a wonderful mom-don't forget that! Good luck! Just remember, our trials are our own for a reason. It seems like we may have one of the same trials...
Some days are for sure like that. Don't worry...I think every mom has moments we wish we could take back, or wish we had done things differently. They pass and we just try and do things different the next time around. Love you!
I couldn't agree more with Ryan and Jess!! Plus you are a fantastic mom and have way more patience than I ever could. You are truly and an example and inspiration for me to be a better person and mom. Can't wait to see you tomorrow
It's good to hear that I'm not the only one who has those "deep breath" moments! I know you are a fantastic mother and those boys are lucky to have you (including Travis)!!
Heather, Anna has thrown some unbelievable tantrums this past 6 months but is starting to outgrow it. I think that having a new sibling and life becoming unpredictable was a major contributor. Believe it or not, it will pass. You just have to help them work through their emotions. It's so hard.... I've never been more frustrated, emotional or felt so helpless. Good luck!!
Amen Heather, really that's all I can say. Your kiddos are about the same age as mine and yes we're in the same stage and state of sanity and unsanity. Take care and enjoy the big city.
YAY! I'm so glad I'm not the only "real life" blogger!!
You're much better at it tho...
You are amazing, and I wanna be like you...honest.
Loves!
Heather you are wonderful. It's so nice when people are real and I find out that I am not the only mean, screaming mom out there losing my temper. Even under the best circumstances four year-olds are difficult. It's the hardest age I have come across yet. So keep up the good work. You of all people will get through this.
Post a Comment