okay, anyone can appreciate a turtle, the stuff below only my mom can say WHOA over. But seriously get a look at this crazy turtle. Apparently it wasn't small. I came home from aerobics to hear the tale of the spiky tailed snapping turtle roaming through our front yard. What the wildlife around here??
Brother and a monkey drowning the bulbs
Ha ha, chalk bum
Okay mom, here it is. I didn't take a picture of the whole things but can you believe all the weeds are out. I seriously have been a gardener part time to try and resurrect our yard. It was un-kept to say the least. YIKES is what I said when we drove up. And i have a much better understanding as to why the pioneer's made BRICKS out of the dirt in Illinois. It is all so very clear to me now but...we are getting there!
tWo saturday's ago we all went out back and hammered away at the dead bushes in the back planter. Me and my mom sufficiently killed everything and it was now our job to get it all out. Between tRavis's groans as we pulled on the bushes and his amazing javelein throw (of the bushes) into the forest behind us...it was a very entertaining evening. I often wonder if simple things like laundry or wiping off ty's nasty chair would be more funny if Travis did it. He is such a unpredictably funny creature.





4 comments:
"I often wonder if...laundry or wiping off ty's nasty chair would be more funny if Travis did it..."--You crack me up, Heather! I'm glad you had such an enjoyable evening, hard labor and all. Can't wait to see pictures of everything when your finished! (Even before then).
Look at that moss on the shell of that turtle! We've had a few turtles show up unannounced at our place, but never anything quite that cool!
Seeing your post about a snapping turtle brought back memories and gave me a good laugh. One time my grandparents and my aunt went on a trip to New York. My grandpa found a snapping turtle on the side of the road and drove it all the way home to Utah. My aunt was terrified, they were sleeping in the van, and it was just under an upside down crate. It was a mean little thing. My sister was feeing it some bologna and it snapped off part of her finger! He brought it to the farm and it eventually escaped it's cage. Anyways, that probably doesn't sound funny to you, but it would if you knew my grandpa! :)
Hope you guys are enjoying Chicago. I like seeing your updates.
aw, I love seeing how your boys are growing. I've totally missed the whole Ty standing and walking on his own thing, it's fun to see him holding his own out there with his big brother. Love the chalk bum pic, so cute!
Post a Comment