-->

Tie one on!

I am so horrible and just taking snap shots of my kids. Snap shots are so memorable but not so beautiful because they SPONTANEOUS. But in thinking back my favorite pictures of my mom aren't the family posed pictures....they are of her holding my third birthday cake, he in her pj's right after having my baby brother. Those pictures speak to the heart...so here's to more snap shots!
So....a few weeks ago I spent my allowance on a pattern for tie's. I spent a lot of time trying to get it just right {the size and shape} because I didn't want it waaaay to long or too skinny. Yuk. Naturally I ended up with them almost being too short and a little bit skinny. Oh well. If I wanted perfection I suppose I would have driven to Gymboree around easter and purchased
one.



Travis wore Ty's shoes many moons ago when he was a baby. I wish Sketcher's made that quality of shoes now. Isn't Haley amazing for keeping them and then remembering to give them to me for my boys. Incredible. Can't say I have that gift. By the way, thanks for your comments. I don't have an RSS feed so when you comment I click over to your blog! I love that. I love seeing what your doing and especially those pictures....you know how I feel about picture's.

16 comments:

Carrie said...

I love both the ties and the pictures! I've had trouble finding ties for little-little boys, and the one's I've found have always been way too expensive, but I've never thought of sewing them. You're a genius! Ethan might end up hating you, though, if I get around to making some, because he hates just putting on normal clothes in the morning.

Wendi said...

I noticed Ty wearing his on Sunday and thought to myself that they turned out really nice! You're so very talented!!

Unknown said...

the ties are way cute and I love the material pattern. Your boys are beautiful!

Candace and Brian said...

I love how darling your little boys are. They seriously look like so much fun. What do I expect though with their crazy fun parents who we use to love to hang around with!

Cali said...

Very well said. I love our point and shoot camera to take the snapshot pictures that I love. Because, you know, the "nice" camera takes so long to pull out, remove the lens cap, and set to the right settings to catch the "moment" before it passes. Well, mostly because I'm slow and ill-qualified to use it well. Oh well.

But, you always seem to have the perfect pictures. I love these...your boys are so cute. They make me smile just looking at them. I really love Corbyn's smile in that last one. They are such happy boys. It's obvious how happy they are, and how loved and secure they feel. It's no wonder with the wonderful mother they have.

Thanks so much for all of your sweet comments to me. I really love feeling your friendship, even though we are so far apart. I wish again that I had taken advantage of the time we had when living in OR to be a better friend. You are amazing, and I'm so glad to know you.

Kim-the-girl said...

Very cute! I've thought about making them but never actually done it... maybe (maybe...) you'll inspire me. And I totally agree about snapshots, they are priceless.

Brianne Pitts-Wells said...

That second picture is too cute. They are so darling I just want to to eat 'em. Love the blog.

Luke and Lora Gamble said...

The ties look like they turned out great! I want to make some ties for Dallin. The pictures turned out cute too! I wish my point and shoot skills were as professional looking as yours!

Jennifer said...

That's awesome that you used your allowance for a tie pattern...I asked for one for Christmas! (I felt like I made lots of stuff for Jemma, but not much for Carter...now I have NO excuse not to make him LOTS of cool ties.) I love the ones you made for your boys. They look AdoRabLe!
Jen Reed

Debra said...

Holy Martha! When are you coming to UT next! I will bribe you with some Cafe rio (because I don't cook) to give me some ideas for decorating. Love the pics. I don't see how any pic of with them in it isn't adorable!

Allison said...

Really cute ties! They look great.

Kelsey Booth said...

Those pictures are the best. You are so great!

Byers said...

Your boys are adorable. Seriosly, too cute! And... you are so talented.

Megan Lofgran said...

CU-UTE!!!

The Browning Family said...

SO Cute!! I can't believe you made them! (Well I can!!) How are you guys?

Hanni said...

Your boys are darling as always. I love ties on little guys. So glad you're all doing well.