-->

Guess what

So, getting up at night is an adventure. I wouldn't know because I usually don't get up at night with my kids. I know GASP....SHOCK. I married someone who puts up with my scary nighttime moods and now he spares everyone having to put up with me. But last night as I was laying there awake wondering about everything random in my life and Corbyn burst into our room crying about losing marbles and making very little sense. I learned some things: 1. fan's are cold when they blow up your underwears and that makes you shiver, 2. little boys who drink two large cups of water before bed should probably also go potty before bed, 3. Travis is the same at 4 am and 6 pm.(that in particular baffles me because I am a stark contrast to that), 4. Don't celebrate that you were able to put all the pee pee sheets in the washer without touching ONE wet spot....until you also have fishie Nemo in there. Cause guess what, he was the wettest of all and I grabbed him up. That was yucky. 5. How do we all manage to marry someone better than we are? Seems pretty planned to me.....I am starting to be very unconvinced that "any two people" can fall in love and make it work. Call me a nay-sayer...but that's just how I see it.

Baby Ty is happy when you wake him up. Actually he is exactly like Travis. Whether it is 2 am or a mid-day nap you can barge right in and they will open up their little blankie or big duvet for a nice snuggle before they crawl out of bed. Let's just say Corbyn and I aren't like that.

One more thing, when you live a 2 or 3 day drive from your family you suddenly become exempt from visitor's. Your just "too far." It is sad really because I feel the same way about going home this summer. A two day drive with my two kids and husband who is very cutely perturbed by driving....ummmm....sounds like a recipe for some forced fun. BUT, how do we get around this dilemma? If you figure it out let me know.

10 comments:

Butler Family said...

I always love reading your posts!! so sincere and honest and I love that about you. You inspire me Heather to be a better person, friend, mother, wife, daughter everything. You really are just truly amazing!! Just thought I would let you know that!!

Kim-the-girl said...

How lucky for you that Travis usually gets up with the kids! I'm cursed that even if Ethan gets up with the kids I am totally awake and feeling guilty that I'm not helping with the crisis at hand. Though I wake up better/happier than he does so maybe its a good thing I just take care of it most of the time. Visitors, visitors, visitors... I can hardly remember what those are... at least you have an airport closer than 3 hours to your house! :) We are all gearing up for the dreaded 2 day drive next week and, call me crazy, I STOKED!!!

Kyle, Amy, and Joshua said...

Amen! To all of the above...except it was throw up for me this morning, not pee. And thankfully at 7 a.m. not 4 a.m. If you figure out the travel situation, please share. I felt like I was reading about the conversation Kyle and I have had three times in the past week. :)

Josh and Cori said...

I am the same way as you-getting up at night is really not my thing-I am not a very happy person, and Josh gets frustrated when I am grouchy the next day-HMMMM??~~~ I feel bad right now having him wake up with Ryder, because BOARDS are in 2 weeks-but seriously-it is really getting to me!! You are wonderful, though-you, on a crazy day is probably me on a good day. And, I know about the 2 day drive-no visitors thing. It's kind of annoying. Good luck with that. I really have no advice. Sorry. It just stinks, that's all...

Hope you guys are doing great! Is warm weather somewhat around the corner for you?

Alisha said...

I love this post, mostly because that seems like life every night at our house! Anth and I take turns getting up! He's awesome! I know that its not the same, but do you have a webcam? You could chat it up with family over the internet.

Cali said...

My 4 AM self is very different from my 6 PM self as well! And, like Kim, I (generally) feel completely guilty when Nate's getting up with the kids. The one exception to that is when I'm getting up 2-3 times a night to feed a baby, then he gets the other kids no matter what. And I don't feel the least bit guilty about that:)

I feel bad that it is such a long drive to see or receive others--because a little company can go a long way in bringing sunshine into your life! I hope you can figure out something so that you can get some good time in with people you love.

Megan Lofgran said...

Loving the new blog layout. Gray and yellow is a combo that I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with right now. I did love the last one too (guess I never mentioned that) The chevron red and white stripes were so fresh and bright. Both lovely my dear!

Kelsey Booth said...

Anthony and Travis are just alike, I haven't gotten up in the middle of the night with Ali since she was tiny. I love the nights when I sleep like a rock and ask him how he slept and he is shocked that I didn't know he was up 4 times with the baby.

Unknown said...

aw, that's so nice that he gets up with the babes, Kent is good pretty much anytime as long as he manages to get at least 6 hours in a 24hrs time. I agree, I feel like I married someone much better than myself. I think that you are some kind of wonderful tho girl! Travis just might be better at the gettin up part. We all have our strengths and you have many of your own. I really admire you!

Kristina said...

Nathan is one of those husbands who has no problem getting up in the night with the kids. Waking me up would be a bad idea SERIOUS MISTAKE, THE BIG BAD WITCH COMES OUT. Too bad Nathan can't nurse. He wakes up even with newborns, then he strategically and gently tries to wake me up, reminding me that he isn't equiped to feed the baby. Don't you love wet sheets, I love all 10 stuffed animals the I have to wash with them. No question, Nathan is the better half of us. He is my match in everyway. I really couldn't have asked for a better husband, talk about tender mercies. Now I just need to figure out how to be perfect like him.