What have we been doing? I suppose nothing of note. Just living. Here are a few things that come readily to mind:
Our anniversary-always a splendid day, always a day of reflection and laughter at how far we come and how completely illogical it was for Travis to marry me in my 18th year of life. But the Lord has a far greater and more perfect plan than the plan I had made for myself.
. . . and truly now that I have lived His plan it all seems quite nice. Seven years sounds like such a long time. . . surely it doesn't feel long. But then I look around me at the dinner table-my almost five year old instead of eating just chattering away, my two year old knowing full well he is darling and quite entertaining, and my sweet sweet love who is tired with a sore throat, still in his uniform. Trying desperately to tell me about his day, but the competition is thick and unyielding. Then I turn at last to myself. Bulging belly in my slightly stained clothing, our third child resting quite contently on my bladder.
{And I thought to myself -I suppose seven years is a long time-}.
Corbyn rode his bike without training wheels. A yummy moment I will keep in my back pocket, hopefully he will too. Everyone remember's when they finally left their training wheels behind and rode free. Travis and I took our usual positions-he running alongside Corbyn hoping that if he were to falter or swerve he could quickly snatch him up from his bike and avoid injury.
{Truly where else would he be? He is our protector by nature and by calling}
Me watching, cheering, hoping Travis would move so Corbyn would not fall. Laughing with Ty as we watch daddy running up and down the sidewalk.
{Our roles fit us both so well, I love the sidelines. I love to watch him learn and experience life. Usually that entails a large scrape, mud, or the hose spraying someone . . . but most worthwhile lessons involve discomfort. Why set the precedence now that life is not hard? Let's just rid his sweet little mind of the thought that things will be easy, come easy, or end up perfectly. What boring people we would be if it did.
Sometimes we need someone to snatch us off our bikes before the fatal crash, and sometimes we need someone to let us crash. I would say Travis and I are a nice fit in that aspect...like an old running shoe.
Something else we have been focusing an unprecedented amount of time on are those daggum dandelions. {Which Travis has so lovingly renamed lawn cancer} Untreated for years they have flourished, mulitiplied exceedingly, and they are quite happy. I woke up one morning and decided they were to go. Hours and hours of pulling we have managed to clear only one small patch on our front lawn. BUT! We have three years with this yard and they will relent, they will retreat. That was my mother's day gift this year. Helping me rid the dandelicious cancer from my yard. I think Travis would have rathered a box of chocolates and card.
BY THE WAY: Happy Mother's Day!
Our anniversary-always a splendid day, always a day of reflection and laughter at how far we come and how completely illogical it was for Travis to marry me in my 18th year of life. But the Lord has a far greater and more perfect plan than the plan I had made for myself.
. . . and truly now that I have lived His plan it all seems quite nice. Seven years sounds like such a long time. . . surely it doesn't feel long. But then I look around me at the dinner table-my almost five year old instead of eating just chattering away, my two year old knowing full well he is darling and quite entertaining, and my sweet sweet love who is tired with a sore throat, still in his uniform. Trying desperately to tell me about his day, but the competition is thick and unyielding. Then I turn at last to myself. Bulging belly in my slightly stained clothing, our third child resting quite contently on my bladder.
{And I thought to myself -I suppose seven years is a long time-}.
Corbyn rode his bike without training wheels. A yummy moment I will keep in my back pocket, hopefully he will too. Everyone remember's when they finally left their training wheels behind and rode free. Travis and I took our usual positions-he running alongside Corbyn hoping that if he were to falter or swerve he could quickly snatch him up from his bike and avoid injury.
{Truly where else would he be? He is our protector by nature and by calling}
Me watching, cheering, hoping Travis would move so Corbyn would not fall. Laughing with Ty as we watch daddy running up and down the sidewalk.
{Our roles fit us both so well, I love the sidelines. I love to watch him learn and experience life. Usually that entails a large scrape, mud, or the hose spraying someone . . . but most worthwhile lessons involve discomfort. Why set the precedence now that life is not hard? Let's just rid his sweet little mind of the thought that things will be easy, come easy, or end up perfectly. What boring people we would be if it did.
Sometimes we need someone to snatch us off our bikes before the fatal crash, and sometimes we need someone to let us crash. I would say Travis and I are a nice fit in that aspect...like an old running shoe.
Something else we have been focusing an unprecedented amount of time on are those daggum dandelions. {Which Travis has so lovingly renamed lawn cancer} Untreated for years they have flourished, mulitiplied exceedingly, and they are quite happy. I woke up one morning and decided they were to go. Hours and hours of pulling we have managed to clear only one small patch on our front lawn. BUT! We have three years with this yard and they will relent, they will retreat. That was my mother's day gift this year. Helping me rid the dandelicious cancer from my yard. I think Travis would have rathered a box of chocolates and card.
BY THE WAY: Happy Mother's Day!

See. I am not exaggerating the desperate circumstance of our dandelion situation. Notice ours not looking lawnish and our neighbors looking ever so green and just growing so happily.
8 comments:
Wow. That is one little boy who is looking more like his daddy. That is awesome he's riding with no training wheels! Jonas keeps asking me to help him with it and I just can't get my prego body to hold his bike and run along side him... go figure. :)
Yeah for Corbyn! I'm with you--I love the sidelines. I love to watch and see things take root in my little (and not so little anymore) ones and see what they do. I love seeing where life takes them.
I'm so glad to hear that you are doing well--except for the dandelions, of course. Wouldn't it be nice if they would just walk away??? I hope that you have a wonderful weekend, and a fantastic mother's day.
That must have taken a lot of dandelion bouquets! Dandelions don't stand a chance here! They sprout their yellow heads and they are swiped up and brought in to place on the table! Congrats on the anniversary! Anth and I will be married 7 years in July! Crazy!
I always love reading your posts just to see what you are going to say! You word things so perfectly that you always can make me smile!! I am so proud of Corbyn what a big boy he is and Ty is just hillarious!!! Happy Late Anniversary! Hope it was a good one
Hi Sis Taylor! It's Michelle Narayan from SD 8th (well we're not there anymore). I dunno how to follow you so if you can find a way to invite me (I'm computer illiterate with blogging) or come visit my page. Would love to catch up with you!!
http://addicted2shius.blogspot.com
i don't know if I'm just hormonal for some particular reason but I found myself tearing up a bit reading this. You are so blessed, Sweetie, and you soo deserve it! You have a beautiful family and they are so good to you and visa versa. I loved this post! I agree with you too, sometimes we need someone running along side of us and sometimes we need to learn how to fall and pick ourselves up and dust off and get back on the bike. Miss ya like crazy!
Good job Corbyn! And your dinner table sounds just. like. ours!
I meant to email you back like a MONTH ago...thanks for the advice on getting a camera...we ended up choosing a pentax k-x and saved a bundle on a camera that has just as many gadgets as the nikons and cannons we were looking at.
Good luck with the "lawn cancer". (That truly is the perfect term for those dang things!) I'm sure you will have a fabulous looking lawn before it's time to leave! :) (Can you believe you are approaching your 1st year mark!?!) Miss ya tons!
Heather, you are awesome, Girl! I really enjoy reading your posts. Each one has heart and soul in them. It makes me feel like we're not like, 10 million states away! ;)
Congrats to Corbyn on his bike. Certainly an accomplishment. Glad you are doing well in your pregnancy. Mine's about done. Hope over to my blog if you have time. I've posted (1) picture. . . Anyway, happy (late) mother's day, and sending wishes your way to rid the world (or at least your lawn) of dandilion cancer.
Post a Comment