-->

He's fIVE...yes really

I feel young, sort of.
I should have a five year old right?
Whelp, like it or not it is happening.
He is growing up and has hit the monumental age of change and new beginnings.


Not a tradition I am proud of....but a tradition all the same.


I had some fun setting up the track but Travis had ridiculous amounts of fun. He "claimed" certain area's to set up and was constantly asking me to pass pieces to him....I felt like I was playing trains with a much bigger Corbyn. He and Corbyn both proclaim my inability to build a decent track. It is not in my gene pool I suppose. We were going for the magical: come down the stairs...see all the trains effect. To my great surprise it actually worked. He was in shock, and he almost died when he realized every train had fresh batteries.


The birthday party bunch. All the other pictures they were standing there in a boyish daze....so he told them to act tough and this is what we got. He started planning his party in March (4 months before hand just in case), and decided to do a small party so he could take them all golfing and on the big blow up slide park. They had an absolute ball. Corbyn and Brad were incredibly serious about the whole golfing thing and Steven had a great time throwing the ball down the course as opposed to using his club. I am with him....club's just get in the way of success.


Here is party planning sheet number 2 or 3 I think. That small diagram is a picture of his cake. Exactly 9 fish right in a row, three rows of green, blue and yellow (his three favorite color's), and strategic and very important candle placement. Did you get all that? Because it is real important.


Whuala.

It is no masterpiece.

But thankfully while we were making it he accessed his sweet wonderful side and was so thrilled about it even though it was not perfect.
As far as birthday's go, it was a good one!
















Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Butler Family said...

How fun!! What a great cake. Good job!!! He looks so EXCITED

Kim-the-girl said...

What a perfect way to celebrate! Corbyn is a lucky boy!

Alisha said...

What a great looking cake! I love that you let him plan it out! Also loved your ideas for the baby shower! I might have to steal them!