-->

First Day O School

Well, not every child cries the first day of kindergarten. Not this one at least. Actually at his bus stop he repeatedly told me to go inside, "I'm good mom....go inside." I laughed the first two times he said it and by the third time I realized he actually meant it. "Corbyn, this is my job, my right....and your brother will cry if I go inside and he can't see the school bus."


There is that dazed look I was waiting for. The "this is really new and weird" look. He comes home everyday with reports about modesty, language, who got in trouble, who ate their lunch, and what his best friend Madelyn did that day.

I miss him, but not more than I thought I would.

It is such a natural progression. Ty has been soaking up the one on one time like a big sponge. And he has loved filling in the "big helper" role at home.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad he didn't cry, I'm surprised he wanted to you leave the bus stop. What a funny kid! :)

Kim-the-girl said...

I love that its your right to stay at the bus stop. We all go out every morning together, its the highlight of the day. :)

Butler Family said...

yay for him. He is getting so dang big and how funny to have him say that to you!! What a sweet boy he is

Cam said...

Isn't it crazy that these kids are already kindergarteners? Time flies! Enjoy the one on one time with your Ty.