"Let's potty train Ty"
"no"
"He's ready, let's just do it."
"Thinking....still no."
"We have to do it sometime."
"no we don't."
This would be one of the many conversations we had about potty training Ty. Me being the nay sayer and Travis being the yay sayer. First off-potty training requires a lot of patience and love. I've plenty of the love but fear with current sleep allowances the patience is found wanting.
But he started taking his pants off and going in the potty . . . oh man.
He would hop out of the tub and plop himself on the potty to go. . . oh man.
FINE .
Another dispute I will never win.
This time we skipped the sticker bolognie and went straight for the goods. You go pee pee, you get a skittle. It doesn't get much more straight forward for a two year old than that.
After a week of running around looking like this he has it down. He didn't have the troubles I anticipated. I thought for sure he would struggle. He didn't. I thought for sure he would hold his poopies in and make himself sick. He didn't.
Turns out I needed to have a bit more faith in my mr. Ty and let him do his thing.
He rocked it.
I have been amazed at how ammenable he is with going potty. The other day he had to go potty at a friends house. I could NOT BELIEVE he just told me, hopped on, and took care of it. Wowie! I had geared myself up for a month long of cleaning poopies off the carpet and out of underwears.
How nice to be pleasantly suprised.
Do you think he will hate me when he is 10 for posting pictures of him sitting on his potty on the world wide web? Possibly.
Did I mention we tried to potty train him at night as well. I figured if we are going to do it....let just get it done with. That part of potty training did not go well. Travis came to bed on night 8 of cleaning up another accident and said-forget it. It's not gonna happen. Ty would be so upset that he had gone pee pee in his bed and Travis was beyond tired. It is pretty amazing how the spirit can help you decide things like that. I was so unsure if we were pushing him too hard or too far and it turns out we were and the spirit told us so. The next night I checked on Ty all snuggled up in his fuzzy monkey jammies and a "sleep diaper" on and just felt such a peace. God loves his sweet babies, he helps us know how to take care of them for Him.



6 comments:
Awesome- I love potty trained kids. It really was simpler the second time around and I heard if you train two you get the third free. Maybe not....
OK, how old is he?!? I hate that I can't keep track... way to go to the whole fam! How exciting. I'm guessing we'll be doing this with Miss Eliza sooner than I'm ready for. I always hear girls are easier than boys, but I'll believe it when I see it. :)
He's a rockstar with the potty - he even convinced me to give him 3 sweettarts each time :)
Ben has that same potty! I love little guys in undies:0)
That kid is so adorable! I've had some easy kids to potty train, but not quite that easy. Good for you guys! I bet that makes your life so much easier (and cheaper, not buying so many diapers!). And I just have to say that after spending one day with you and your family, I was left with the impression that you were one of those few people that I could never get enough of and wish my whole life to be like. (I am not exaggerating.) Just thought you should know.
yeah way to go Ty. What a big boy he is becoming
Post a Comment