-->

I love those darn dating diva's

So I came across this blog when looking for a good idea for date night.
1 1/2 years ago we had 0 money- none- zip- zilch -nada money's allocated to date night.
So naturally when we actually started getting paid to work not only were we in shock but we allocated some money to date night.
As time passed we found ourselves going out to eat any chance we had....uh...like every other date night. It was like the long penniless winter was over-the sun had come out and we stripped down to our skivies and basked in the goodness of restaurant cuisine. Well 1 1/2 years of that and I am realizing we need to put some sizzle back into our date nights.
Now, I'm not bashing eating out . . . still pretty darn awesome. But it was time to reliquish our addiction to the eatery and take up the romance a notch.
Ehem
But we still started with a sandwich.
We did the Dating Diva's idea for the "bookstore date" with a twist.
Travis was looking for a quiz to give to me. I grabbed up Oprah magazine for his quiz. I turned around and he was holding this. Then he began to read aloud question answer sections about rabbit poop.
Believe me when I say there is a lot you didn't know about rabbit poop.
Then you find a recipe you think your spouse would enjoy. Travis left the book sitting out for me... he was trying to focus me. I was skimming through the "Cake Boss" cookbook. I get distracted easily around pictures of dessert. I think it fits my life well. If it wasn't $30 I may have bought it.

Then we were to choose one of our favorite childhood books and read it to each other. Travis's was darling and so memorable. Mine was just pure awesomeness. Now, I never read this as a child

which is a crying shame - because it is a classic!

It is filled with all sorts of real life dilemma's
Specifically the incredible injustice (when Uncle Ernie blames his bowel issue's on the dog.)
Poor Walter
I think I just found my dad's birthday present.

Check out their website and you too can enjoy nights filled with romance, bunny poop dialog and farting dog books.

http://www.thedatingdivas.com/


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny!!!! =D Hope the night ended on a truly romantic note!!

Butler Family said...

You guys are awesome. Thanks for some fun ideas. I agree with Connie though hopefully you ended the night with some romance

Luke and Lora Gamble said...

Looks like fun! Thanks for the link... I have been wanting some ideas for dates!

Kim-the-girl said...

Having fun is romantic! I don't know what those first two comments are all about! :) I'll have to check the link out... we were recently discussing our less than creatively awesome date nights... thanks for the link!

Kristina said...

I love that blog, I have a link to it on my blog. It's so geeky, that it's cute. Which is perfect for us, because we're a little geeky according to Hannah (maybe she just means the way we dance.)
Glad you had a fun night. Your book cracked me up, that's the one I would have chosen, because I'm mature like that. Potty humor is the best! I highly recommend "Everybody poops." Great kids book.

Kristina said...

OOps, that last comment was Hannah's mom, Hannah just started a blog and I forgot to change the user name.
~Kristina