The second I begin feeling unsettled
or
wanting more
or
less than satisfied
or
dare I say grumpy
I begin praying for gratitude.
Gratitude is the answer to every problem.
Gratitude brings the focus back to the tiny moments of motherhood.
Today I felt over joyed that I turned on the faucent and warm water came out to bathe my post hair cut furry Ty with.
I felt thrilled as I watched Jay brace himself on his hands and knees and wiggle back and forth excitedly.
I felt a gentle reminder for patience as Corbyn erased again and again his poster for his primary talk.
I was grateful that I could tuck Jay into his beatiful bed with a small fan humming. . . gently blowing his mobile.
I laughed as Corbyn made another hot dog joke.
I felt a tender nudge when I looked down from cutting Corbyn's hair and saw Jay looking up at me.
I felt grateful that Travis was out of town trying to find us some financial security for our future. Everytime he leaves my mothering improves. Simply because it must. There is no pinch hitter, no relief, no back up plan.
Just me and three babies.
Today I felt grateful and today I fell in love with my babies again.
And tonight I am making cinnamon rolls for my number one who is turning the ripe old age of six tomorrow.
And lover boy, don’t get any ideas of an extended vacation. This trance of gratitude may only last until Tuesday when your flight comes in.
or
wanting more
or
less than satisfied
or
dare I say grumpy
I begin praying for gratitude.
Gratitude is the answer to every problem.
Gratitude brings the focus back to the tiny moments of motherhood.
Today I felt over joyed that I turned on the faucent and warm water came out to bathe my post hair cut furry Ty with.
I felt thrilled as I watched Jay brace himself on his hands and knees and wiggle back and forth excitedly.
I felt a gentle reminder for patience as Corbyn erased again and again his poster for his primary talk.
I was grateful that I could tuck Jay into his beatiful bed with a small fan humming. . . gently blowing his mobile.
I laughed as Corbyn made another hot dog joke.
I felt a tender nudge when I looked down from cutting Corbyn's hair and saw Jay looking up at me.
I felt grateful that Travis was out of town trying to find us some financial security for our future. Everytime he leaves my mothering improves. Simply because it must. There is no pinch hitter, no relief, no back up plan.
Just me and three babies.
Today I felt grateful and today I fell in love with my babies again.
And tonight I am making cinnamon rolls for my number one who is turning the ripe old age of six tomorrow.
And lover boy, don’t get any ideas of an extended vacation. This trance of gratitude may only last until Tuesday when your flight comes in.




7 comments:
6 years old?! My goodness he's getting old.
You bring out the best in motherhood, my dear. I love seeing the example you set. How grateful I am that you over looked my boy hair cut styling, mismatched sock wearing, Cindy Crawford idoling self so many years ago and decided to be my friend:)
Well said my friend! I feel so inspired by you for so many reasons! I LOVE your take on life and babies! What a JOY this post was to read--and your pictures to LOOK at! LOVE YOU!
What a great post...thanks for sharing the gift of gratitude! I totally don't take advantage of it as much as I should.
Dear Heather,
You could not keep me away!!!!
Yours truly,
Hub-band
As always, inspiring. You are such an amazing woman! We missed seeing you!
You have three of the most ADORABLE and lucky little boys! Thanks for your AMAZING example. You rock!
your kids are so BIG and so darn cute!! You are such an inspiration
Post a Comment