-->

Part 2 party day

After a rousing crepe breakfast and a few more presents we granted the desire of his heart by taking him to the McDonald play land. Truly a once a year opportunity because I feel the need to pull out my brown paper bag to aid germ induced hyperventilation.
It's so indescribably unsanitary.
But, Daddy surprised him in the parking lot with balloons and that was darling.
Guess who wanted me to go down the slide?
Yup. The birthday boy!
On the way up the ridiculously small tunnel's I thought I might not make it. Each step required putting my hands on a once black foamy pad outlined by hair, sticky something, fry remnants, and we'll just call the rest: miscellaneous. Disgusting.
Corbyn laughed every time I said "ew" "gross" "oh my gosh, that's sticky."
He laughed even harder when he let me go down the slide first and immediately after pounced me from behind.
If the McDonald play land doesn't prove my love for you, nothing will.

The squishy giving nose bumps to lieutenant.
Travis didn't have to go down the slide because he "can't do that in his uniform."
Uh huh. Right honey.
Now, this is an upgrade from McDonald's.
Corbyn's ice cream cone fell on the floor at McDonald's and it was easy to decide not to buy a second-- and head across the street
Oberweis.
(singing that with pointer finger's swaying)
Booyah.

And they give you free cake on your birthday that you can eat at your leisure while playing chess. Turns out Corbyn loves chess and I love chocolate cake. Bless you Oberweis. Bless you.

4 comments:

Butler Family said...

what a fun day spent for just him. How fun and especially when things are free. It sure is amazing the things we do for our children to show them how much we love them.

Alisha said...

Totally laughed about the McDonalds thing!!! I hate that place as well! So glad that none of my kids have ever asked me to go down the slide!

Brooke said...

i have been equally disgusted by mcdonalds playlands when I have had to go rescue a child who was a little too scared to go down the slide and too scared to come back down the way they came. Once the smell of urine mixed with stinky feet was so intense that I seriously thought I might vomit. My kids did not go back up to that play place! Oh the things we do for our kids!

Brooke said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WENT ON THE NASTY slIDE!!! That is true love... Holy cow! The stinky feet smell mixed with hot fries...YUCK. Good job Heather!