Welcoming in Thanksgiving with a good ole wrestle.
That is how little boys say:
WE MISSED YOU PAPA TERRY!
That is how little boys say:
WE MISSED YOU PAPA TERRY!
I didn't take a lot of pictures on Thanksgiving day.
I did however take 3 or 4 really funny pictures.
I, for a moment, forgot I was not using Irene (our good camera).
I was using my quickie point and shoot.
In forgetting this I meant to take a picture of the food with all the wonderful people surrounding it ready to dish up. (You know: the food's in focus and the people are not). Instead, I got 3 or 4 pictures of bums. As far as bums go, they are very nice bums, but I thought a few of you might get upset if I posted your bum on my blog.
Brittany gave me a job to keep me busy. Isn't it strange being at other people's houses.....sometimes I just want a job to make me feel like I'm not being ungrateful for all their hospitality and wonderful hosting. Hosting is such a hard job and she did it seemingly effortlessly. It's good to feel useful and to work. Not that coloring is any sort of work.
She said decorate the table....so I did.
Since I don't have any other "appropriate" pictures of thanksgiving I will post these ones.
Above we have Ty's spot.....he turned out looking more like John Travolta with a change in hair color so I drew him a disco ball to blend him in....
Now here is an important fact in Taylor family history. Haley has a strange addiction to purple which she has genetically passed down to Heidi. So....here is a purple people eater hiding at Heidi's place setting with footprints from Haley's place setting. I know, I know. Family jokes are only funny if your in the family.
My personal favorite. Remember Jim from the post below. Mr. Vegas golden toga man? Here is Travis and Jim in a side by side comparison. Ty told me "Dad's legs look like sausages." Well well well, an artistic eye. Maybe he just has tiny knee's.....and no ankle's.
This is our Thanksgiving tradition as well. Our turkey leg man. This was no ordinary Turkey leg. I think it was king of the turkeys. I was fortunate enough to get the other one and I couldn't even finish it. And I love love love meat. I am my daddy's daughter! Corbyn on the other hand was licking the bone.
Mmmmmmm turkey, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, pretzel jello salad, homemade rolls with pomegranate jelly, and pie and ice cream. Oh, it was too delicious to talk about.
Thanksgiving perfection: check.
Mmmmmmm turkey, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, pretzel jello salad, homemade rolls with pomegranate jelly, and pie and ice cream. Oh, it was too delicious to talk about.
Thanksgiving perfection: check.




1 comment:
How fun to be at Brittany's for Thanksgiving! Man, I need to go visit her.
Post a Comment