-->

Death is hard

Truly.
It's hard.
I know where he went.  I know his family will see him again.
It's still hard.
His sweet wife still aches with sorrow, she will cry for months and months and maybe years.
She will miss him every morning when she wakes up and every night when she goes to bed.
It breaks my heart.

To a sweet woman I have never met who married a boy from high school I knew well.
May your heart heal quickly, I hope angels are on overtime in your family and in his.
We will miss him.  We will pray for you, your family, and his sweet family.
I trust he is happy and at peace where he is.

We grew up in the same ward,
decades ago we rode horses, drove 4 wheeler's, spent summer's together,
He was the first boy to hold my hand.
I had a secret crush on him in those magical teenage years.
I guess it's not a secret anymore.
Why does it make me so sad. . .
Maybe somethings amiss with my hormone's. . .
or maybe 
he was young 
he just started his life with his sweetheart
 he seemed ridiculously happy
and he deserved it.

Life is fragile.
I slept in my sweethearts arms last night.  
All night long

It 's given me a renewed appreciation for the simplicity's of life.
The way Jay Bear laugh's at his reflection every time he walks past a mirror.
The way Ty  let's me lay next to him and sing him "I love you, a bushel and a peck"
The way Corbyn is a sucker for a good back tickle at night. . . every night.
And the way I can crawl into bed at any hour and wake my sweetie pie up for the warmest coziest snuggle. The snuggle that helped me fall in love with him.  The same snuggle that holds me when I feel like life is too hard, when I miscarry our sweet baby,  when I need to feel safe.

Life feels fragile today.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

8 comments:

Jarred and Rachelle said...

My good friend Brynn died this last summer in a bike accident. The BEST thing anyone told me was, "death without sadness/mourning is like life without breathing." It is so true. Even with the knowledge of the gospel. Death is still sad. I am just glad for the gospel for those times of deep sadness. The gospel helps to pull me out of the sadness, of missing Brynn.

Byers said...

This past week we have had reminders of just how fragile life is too. It is heartbreaking. But if there is one positive thing that comes from this hurt it has got to be that it reminds you to Love more & ,in my case, worry less about the "little stuff"!

Ryan + Jess said...

I know just what you mean - - I have been feeling the same way ever since hearing about CJ. It is heartbreaking and I can't stop thinking about his wife. And then the next day my friend's dad passed away. It has been a hard week but it does sure make you realize those things you are struggling with are not such a big deal after all :) Love you!

Mitch n' Molly said...

It's the other side of this sharp sword we know as life. Knowing that this is part of the plan makes it a little easier... I take comfort in that plan. I will keep their sweet family in our prayers.

LeAnn said...

Heather you are so good at words. Thanks for this post. It's been hard to grasp this news, and I feel the same way you do. My heart goes out to a girl I don't know who just had her life turned upside down. Our prayers are with both her family and his. Death is very hard.

Butler Family said...

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your friend and I hope his wife finds comfort in that she will see him again. My heart goes out to her and my prayers are being sent her way!! My prayers will also be sent your way to help the healing of his loss.

Carrie said...

Absolutely beautiful, Heather.

Terra said...

So sad. Death is hard, especially when someone is so young.