-->
Travis's parents came for a visit.
You can tell I'm having a good time when I don't even take time to get out the camera.
I was a horrid at documenting but let's hope the words can fill in the gaps.
Haley came in before Terry and we spent much of our time just enjoying each other and enjoying the babies.  We went out to exercise class together, ate ice cream (naturally), watched movies at night, worked on fixing a jacket of mine.....nothing that would seem noteworthy but it is so perfectly pleasant to share normal life with someone and was incredibly enjoyable.
Terry came in and we braved Chicago.
We drove by the pizza place we had looked up that had rave reviews and apparently everyone had read the reviews too.  The line was out the door.
Plan B.
Uhhh.
Where do we go.
We saw Timothy O  Toole's on the corner.
Sure, we've eaten there before, it was amazing food and they have sports screens on every single wall so Corbyn will be out of this world thrilled.
Well.
Be warned.
If you go into the city to Timothy O Toole's it is not a family friendly establishment.
Now it all makes sense from beginning to end.
They looked at us quizzically when we carried a stroller down the flight of stairs to enter the "pub."  They only had one room that wasn't part of the bar.  Guess who was in that room.
A big, incredibly loud irish family.
Now, I like big loud families.  They are crazy fun but this wasn't that.
They were literally screaming at the top of their lungs as they tipped back a  few more big timmies.
I couldn't hear anything but laughing and yelling.
We hesitantly sat down.  Literally screamed our orders to the waitress and thought there was no way they could do this the whole time.
They did.
My kids didn't miss a beat.
They began screaming too.
They thought it was hilarious.
Ty named it the "yelling restaurant."
Jay would scream, giggle, then scream again.
Corbyn got to eat a hot dog for dinner and watch sports while he ate so he couldn't have been any happier.
Interesting memory, but success all around.

We went swimming and even talked Corbyn and Haley into going down the slide! Near the end they were both even going down by themselves:).  Woot woot.
Afterwards we celebrated an early valentines day with decorating our sugar cookie hearts--love any tradition involving sugar cookies by the way.
Haley and Terry set up a valentines hunt for the kids which they obviously went gaga over.
We spent a lot of time in here.  I like sitting in the back seat.  I get to watch movies!!
Picture of Nana and Corbyn at our bowling outing.  Isn't her hair darling?  For the first time ever she let me take the reins and style it.  I am writing it down so as not to forget that it really, truly did happen!  It is a rare privilege.
Thank you wonderful parent's for blessing our home with your company.
I will never forget the way Terry so lovingly played chess with Corbyn, and then protected him from everyone else during the risk game.  Those are good memories.
Hows about you just move close to us as soon as you can so we can still create these memories without buying a plane ticket.

I am so excited to spread the word on where we are going!  We are moving forward with great trepidation (Heather) and great excitement (Travis).  Travis always said he wanted to own a business.  Now that we are looking down the barrel at actually doing it I am feeling my legs shake underneath me.  Heaven help us not to blow this one.  It's kinda important.
As soon as Travis gives the go ahead I will spread spread spread the word.
I have found so much peace hearing of where all you fellow optometry students are heading.
There are jobs!
We are all being watched over and taken care of!
All this hard work is paying off!

6 comments:

The Browning Family said...

Tell Travis to hurry and let you share the news! I can't wait to hear where you guys are moving!!! So Exciting!

Butler Family said...

I can't wait to hear where you guys are going. So EXCITING!! LOVE the pictures. Having the best inlaws really makes life so much more fun

The Vieiras said...

I know a beautiful spot on the East Coast that you'd be welcome to move to:)

I love the boys faces with their bags of loot. You all are too cute!

Take care, my dear.

Alisha said...

This totally cracked me up...the pub and the Irish family part...

Can't wait to hear where you are going!

Kim-the-girl said...

I just love your blog. You write so much like you talk I feel like I'm right there with you! Which would be a great place to be. :) What fun memories you've been creating... family is the best! Super excited to hear where life is taking you!

lindsayaeh said...

Such a happy post! So glad you had a fun visit with Terry and Haley :) We cannot wait to hear the good news of where you guys will be heading next...
lots of love, lindsay and pat