Dear real blog. Some days I forget that your even here. Not because I don't love you or value recording memories. . . but because someone shoved a shoe down my pipes of normal day mantra.
I spend my days putting out fires started by this pending move, business purchase, new home, new school, new people, new business remodel initiated by said business purchase. It my free time I call insurance companies, house hunt, and organize closets.
Nothing too noteworthy but all quite life changing.
How is that even possible?
A while back I recorded these thoughts on our photography blog. I meant them. I still mean them. I suppose I am yearning for our schedule, our daily do's, our trips to the store and nights doing dishes....all of which inspired this post.
Dear Photography Blog.
Sometimes in life we have to choose between good and evil, or between good and good. Or between good and awesome.
Taking photo's is good, editing them is even better. . . but being a mommy is my awesome.
Someday I would love to make you prettier by attending expensive lavish clinic's, buying a fancy(er) camera, spending hours outside with people expending countless time on field experience.
Someday that may very well be my calling.
Today is not that day.
I am learning not to press against my calling. My babies look to me for clean undies, healthy snacks, and kisses on the forehead when they run into the wall . . . again. That is my calling. My current state of awesomeness. And I plan to do it intentionally, meaningful, and well.
Taking pictures is what contributes to the awesomeness, so in the side of my mind you shall currently remain until my center shifts which could very possibly be never. Let's pray the side of my mind has a lot of room to hold all of the potentials and growth and terrific fulfillment offered by looking into another's life through your tiny lens and feeling like you have shared a part of their story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So much of what you said makes perfect sense to me; Love it! Good luck with your up and coming move. The stress will all be worth it soon:)
OH man! I can only imagine how crazy this upcoming move is going to be for you guys. I mean, ours is crazy enough and this business purchase and overhaul isn't even included in ours! Sending prayers your way! Love you, friend.
Post a Comment