-->

Father's Day....earlyish

Father's Day hit our house a little early.  I'm heading out in a few days to take the kids to Utah then off to Oregon to receive our shipment of (all our crap) household goods:).
How could we miss his most important celebration of the year?
We just couldn't bear it.
So we surprised him with his most favorite things:
Monkey wake up not too early
Monkey bread for breakfast
A hatchet
Slim Jim
Pictures for his brand new office from the boys
Little cheddar meatloaves
Steak fries
A mid day siesta
Chocolate chip cookies
and Brown Cow Ice-cream of course.

Yes. 
Most of our holiday celebrations revolve around food.
Yes.
I have a few pounds to lose.
ehh he

It was a lovely Father's Day.
I love how Father's Day and Mother's Day has evolved in our household.
In the beginning we thought it meant a whole day off from our labors.
Then after a few years we realized that wasn't working out so well.  It meant one person was literally in the kitchen all day and the recipient of the day full of kindness ended the day feeling kind of blah.  
Why?
We wondered the same thing.  
Well, our conclusion was that it feels awful to dump all your work on the person you love the most in the whole world.  It feels much better to accept service and love from family and also attend to your duties.  It just doesn't feel good to sit on the couch and watch someone else carry the burden solo.  
Thankfully we figured this out and now the Father's/Mother's day celebrations are lovely and sweet and rewarding.





 Love this picture.  Love Ty's face.  Love my smallest monkey has found that darn calculator again while I was occupied.




2 comments:

Cam said...

That's a nice idea to celebrate father's day early- Kevin and I were in Italy last year- so we had to celebrate it late. It was a bit of a bummer to not be with the kiddos on such a fun day.
Good luck getting ready for your move.
I'm sure your schedule is packed while you're in Utah, but if you get any free time- send me an e-mail (frappy_cc@hotmail.com) or give me a call (801-879-0076).
I would love to arrange an optometry wife lunch, I know there are a few of us in the area. It would be fun to catch up!
P.S. Your navy pictures turned out awesome. And I love the glasses pictures too- you are a talented photographer. I'm jealous, that's something I've always wanted to pursue! :)

Butler Family said...

Looks like it was a really nice day for Travis!!